California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Pt Reyes Sunday Outing....

Old 03-11-2001, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess i'll be the first to post about our little sunday jaunt up the coast....

it was a whole bunch of fun! thanks for everyone coming out on such a spectacular morning into afternoon drive. a special thanks to josh for setting things in motion, although he couldn't join in the festivities.

to malachi:
thanks for being such a good sport about us playing follow-the-leader.

SFDukie:
give me a call sometime in the lab at ext 8-0140, and we'll try and grab a coffee or something at starbucks. thanks for the toll!

like everyone else, i'll try and post some pictures once i get them developed. (i hope they're some good ones)

let's make this a more regular thing, please.....

andrew
Old 03-11-2001, 06:16 PM

Beat me to the punch! Thanks to everyone who came out and made it such a good time. YES, we definitely have to do this on a regular basis! Spring is almost here!!!!

Thanks to Josh for putting everything together. I am sure when your car gets done, you will again me leading the pack for more drives to come.

Thanks Avi for being such an amazing local host to the drive!

For those who did not come, three groups met seperately this AM, ( Scotts Valley, Berkeley, and Mill Valley) and at each of these meets, a few extra S2kers dropped by to say hi but did not make the full run. We all finally met at Mill Valley, where our gracious local host Avi guided us on a run up and over Mt Tam into the Point Reyes seashore. With the exception of a few of us getting lost, we did make it to lunch and then did a wonderful drive through the hills and roads of beautiful marin.

I, as well as others, will post pics soon! Cant wait to set up another drive soon! maybe the Eastbay next?

Happy motoring and drive safe!

~!ed

for a few pics:
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292892583

is this a nice sight or what?

[Edited by yu888 on 03-11-2001 at 07:39 PM]
Old 03-11-2001, 06:47 PM

My pics:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?...29965&f=0&vt=vp

including this one that the result of peer pressure on the one law abiding sucker---er i mean person that was in attendance, Don (forgot his username).. good thing i brought the tools.:

a good time despite taking the unintended route to the final destination. Next time we use the radios, yeah? We must do it again, and often -- It's fun being a spectacle.

[Edited by pellisS2k on 03-11-2001 at 07:53 PM]
Old 03-11-2001, 07:41 PM

an excellent day indeed!

sorry to all who missed out - the weather was perfect, the roads (while sadly sometime a bit crowded and oddly lacking in what some consider "legal" passing zones) ideal for the drive and the company was, of course, fabulous. next time you're gonna have to come along!

i think we should have our next outing be a "play hooky from work" day. some of those roads would be *brilliant* on a weekday!!

and, of course, we learned some valuable lessons to pass along...

1) silver IS in fact invisible. if your lead car is silver and the second car is yellow and the yellow takes a wrong turn... expect that everyone's gonna be lost.

2) there is always someone in the group who should NOT lead. identification of this person up front is KEY. anyone wearing driving shoes is a good candidate.

3) radios with a 2 mile range aren't super helpful if people get really lost. given that everyone has cell phones, exchanging numbers is a worthwhile backup.

4) radios aren't useful AT ALL if you don't use them.

finally, i apologize to everyone who followed me - for getting you all lost, then for losing you all (and NO, i'm NOT a lunatic contrary to anything ANYONE has said).

-c

ps. andrew... i think you have the record for most mileage on your tires and i don't think it will be broken. time to get some new ones (grin).

[Edited by malachi on 03-11-2001 at 09:04 PM]
Old 03-11-2001, 08:36 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't make the rest of the run after the meet in Mill Valley, prior plans... but it didn't sound like you guys went up Bolinas Ridge? I was telling Avi that that would've made the trip very memorable.

Ah well, there's always next time, I even offer up some of my favorite motorcycle backroads ta boot. CHP free and curvy.

Here are some pics I took from this morning.... nice meetin' y'all!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?...&a=12031552&f=0

and one from my ride later on in the day:

Old 03-11-2001, 08:46 PM

nice pix Patrick. I'll try and upload the rest of mine asap. Only posted the decent ones first.
Old 03-11-2001, 08:56 PM

Man those are all some great pix! My fav is YU888's.

I am really bummed that I missed out on the fun. No one has said yet how many people actually showed up in Mill Valley, How many cars were there? And, it looks like a mixed bag of colors...not as many silvers as we had in Mountain View.

I hope you guys saved some fun for next time.

-DD-
Old 03-11-2001, 09:01 PM

Chris,
You girlfriend was a good sport. Glad you were there to keep us from being even more montoschromatic! Do you still climb?
Andrew,
It was great to see you again. Next time, we'll go faster

Patrick,
Thanks for posting all the pictures, but more importantly, for making me CHP bait by lending your tools!
Josh,
Thanks for the database and helping make this happen.
Avi,
Thanks for posting your phone number, and leading the drive. Couldn't have done it without you.
Dave,
I'd enjoy a track day. And I plan on taking racing school beforer too long.
Ed, etc Thanks for posting the photos...
Thanks everyone! Beautiful day, prettier cars, good company. Lets do it again- maybe at Sears point or thunderhill...
Don
Old 03-11-2001, 09:01 PM

i think we had 9 in mill valley and 11 in pt reyes station but i could be wrong...

yup, still climb (but now recreationally).

[Edited by malachi on 03-11-2001 at 10:04 PM]
Old 03-11-2001, 09:04 PM

Chris,
I think it was 10 in MV- that's what it looks like in loki's photo. Definitely 11 in PRS.

Quick Reply: Pt Reyes Sunday Outing....