California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Possible future owner of an s2k

Old 08-07-2008, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick the quick,Aug 7 2008, 08:47 PM
Buy a beater. Conentrate on school. And when you graduate buy the S2000.
+1....i got the S during college...n its my DD...and i drive it to school...its look cool and fun and everything...but...im not doing good in school right now...so i kindla dont deserve it...just buy a DD and do good in school.,...and earn what worth for u later on gl....
Old 08-07-2008, 11:03 PM

This is definitely the kind of car you don't want to skimp on insurance with. Comprehensive is a must since everything is so expensive. I got my car right after graduating HS and right now it is my DD, so it is definitely doable, but probably not the best idea.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are way too many personal aspects to factor in, that you post most likely didn't even scratch the surface of what you should take into consideration. Knowing what your personal situation is would be the most important consideration here. Everyone "values" something different when buying a car have have to take into account all those personal factors to know what will be best for them.

As far as my personal opinion? I had to use my S as my DD for about a month in between settling my previous DD and buy my new DD and it was horrible. Keep in mind I also only commute about 2-3 miles a day on the weekdays. If I was force to only have one car only, it would NOT be the S. While fun and all, there are just too many limitations you would have to live with.

Plus you think you would be ok when you have to drive a girl and her hot friend home, but it is not as easy as you might think to double stack them!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:32 PM

HONDA FITTTTTTT
Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the s2k isnt a great DD (neither is my fc turbo II but whtever). i'd highly recommend picking up a beater first and driving that around for a bit. no offense but a lot of people think they can handle the s...till u push it too much and the rear kicks out.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by vtechnique,Aug 7 2008, 11:32 PM
HONDA FITTTTTTT
neverrrrrrrr. they seem to be a bad trade-in/ sell car. if it's cheap to get them new, it might get even cheaper than cheap to resell, im assuming? I dd mine and it's a blast. this is the car i can never get tired of after going back and forth if i should sell it or not, but being a money drainer-- i've over invested and now it seems like a waste to get rid of. i fell in love the first time i drove and i'm sure you will be a happy owner. for safety, if you are not use to stick, this car is quite easy to get a hang of, imo. it was much easier than a civic i test drove haha. the most important is insurance and budgetting 17-19 mpg? also this car has the tendency to overspin if you're not careful. if you should decide on the s, then take good care of it and it will take care of you

-don
Old 08-08-2008, 12:56 AM

buy a used civic for college. save your money for after graduation or spend it on tuition, books, room & board. or perhaps beers, coke, weed, hookers, strippers, or whatever else that college students hooked on these days.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by s2khac,Aug 8 2008, 12:56 AM
buy a used civic for college. save your money for after graduation or spend it on tuition, books, room & board. or perhaps beers, coke, weed, hookers, strippers, or whatever else that college students hooked on these days.
I've thought of going this route but then i love the s2000 too much!i fell inlove with it the first time i drove one!I also DD my car...since i turned my other DD into a fully tracked car(240sx)...

you will never regret getting an s2k...NEVER!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 AM

if your just getting it for the girls it doesnt matter. girls care about whats in your pants and your wallet. cant have a fat wallet if your spending most of your money on your S, and the pants part ilets just say i can get away driving my DD and still pull them hoe's.but yea all in all you should get a reg car to get you from point A to B and some so cal trips here and there
Old 08-08-2008, 01:52 AM

it took me two years to financially cover the s...

it took me two months after i finally decided to get an s.....

well, it takes me 20 mins to get from milpitas to work.. with traffic..

girls saying they love your car... priceless

Quick Reply: Possible future owner of an s2k