California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Policia taze a 72 year old woman.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus... she should NOT be doing 60 in a 45... elderly's reaction times are WAY less... we all know that...
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jun 14 2009, 09:54 AM
Just go search Youtube and find all of the videos of police cars getting hit on the side of the freeway. It happens a lot more often then you think.

As I see it, the lady was avoiding arrest and not following the direction of the office. Unless the cop is telling her to do something illegal, you ALWAYS follow the directions of the cop. No if, and, or but.

Explaining to a belligerent person (not a 72 year old woman) does very little good, especially given how many times she has refused to follow his directions.

IMO, she was just using her age to get out of a measly traffic ticket. The officer had every right to tase the granny, I was getting annoyed of her being rude/uncooperative to the officer.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:58 PM

I will refuse to put my life on the line by assuming on-coming drivers will see me standing on the freeway shoulder. Plus he's a cop. Imagine how many crazy/dumb things he have seen in his career to think that way.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jun 14 2009, 09:54 AM
Just go search Youtube and find all of the videos of police cars getting hit on the side of the freeway. It happens a lot more often then you think.

As I see it, the lady was avoiding arrest and not following the direction of the office. Unless the cop is telling her to do something illegal, you ALWAYS follow the directions of the cop. No if, and, or but.

Explaining to a belligerent person (not a 72 year old woman) does very little good, especially given how many times she has refused to follow his directions.
i remember one of our old family rules

OBEY FIRST, BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:31 PM

So don't join the police force. That's why they get paid a lot of money for GED education.

I'm not trying to justify the old woman. She's 100% guilty. If you look at that video, the woman choose to get arrested, and when they both get near the end of the truck she changes her mind and decides to sign the ticket--the officers reaction....shoved her while yelling all of a sudden. The officer should have proceeded to a safer area of the shoulder and continue to instruct the old woman, not shove her. He had plenty of room. He claims to shove her for BOTH their safety, but she wasn't on the highway.

But whatever.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She doesn't need to be on the freeway to get hit. She was between his car and her's. If his car got hit, guess where his car would end up going?
Old 06-14-2009, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by stevoe88,Jun 14 2009, 04:11 PM

IMO, she was just using her age to get out of a measly traffic ticket. The officer had every right to tase the granny, I was getting annoyed of her being rude/uncooperative to the officer.
Don't ever become a police officer. Dealing with rude and uncooperative people is inherent in the job.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jun 14 2009, 05:45 PM
She doesn't need to be on the freeway to get hit. She was between his car and her's. If his car got hit, guess where his car would end up going?
The officers truck would smash both of them if it got hit, which makes all of the officers argument a moat point since they are in danger whether or not they're near the highway or behind the truck.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by friendlydacat,Jun 14 2009, 06:53 PM
The officers truck would smash both of them if it got hit, which makes all of the officers argument a moat point since they are in danger whether or not they're near the highway or behind the truck.
You have to stand somewhere. Where do you think the safest place to be is?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:35 PM

I'm siding with the cop here, and it's a shitty position for him to be in. While the taser could very well be dangerous to her health -- what is he going to do? Wrestle with her? Close bodied contact is the last thing you want going on when confronted by an aggressive person as a cop -- he does have a side arm after all. The shoves were the only thing he could do prior to the tasing, and they obviously weren't deterring her.

Quick Reply: Policia taze a 72 year old woman.