California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Police Chase

Old 02-23-2014, 04:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm confident someone has been in this situation before. Maybe not on the local regional section of s2ki, but certainly someone has been in this situation before.

I would contact your insurance to see what they say even though your specific liability shouldn't cover anything other than the repair of the fence you hit, in theory. I would expect some legal obligation on the part of the criminal involved to pay for your repairs but the likelihood of collecting would be slim given the circumstances.

Please keep us posted on the situation.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dagle
Originally Posted by Thateguhate' timestamp='1393196657' post='23030239
Sucks to hear this man. Situation sucks all together..

What I would suggest is finding a place won't charge you your deductible. Whether it mean you buying your own used bumper and fender to trim costs off the estimate. Essentially, if you take it to a shop and have a police report already I would tell the insurance you need to fix it and want to "pay your deductible" and if they are able to scrape by without having to charge you the $500 you will still get a check for $500 once the insurance gets it being you weren't at fault in the first place.

You are better off doing it this way rather than jumping through hoops yourself and dealing with the court to get your money. I know someone that had to do this and it was really time consuming because the court doesn't give a shit about his car in all honesty. GL with everything man, Hope it all works out for you.

He said he only has liability, so he wasn't covered at the time of this incident.
Ah shit I sort of overlooked that and was thinking of ways for him to avoid a deductible. Nevermind!! Only way to handle this is in court yourself then. I would get an estimate together and do what others were saying, Lawyer up.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow that is a total freak accident! At least you weren't hurt. Showed this to a LE buddy and he said this is why they don't do high speed pursuits in local areas for risk of accidents and collateral damage.

Quite honestly your best bet is to fix it yourself with used parts. It would be THE most economical solution. Anything that involves the court, lawyers, etc will cost you more out of pocket and it's a gamble if you will even get a ROI. I see a fender, headlight, bumper, paint, some bumper supports and maybe plastics. Nothing sever assuming there is no frame issues.

I know it's hindsight now but this is why you don't go out late at night, trouble is always out at night.

G'luck with your case!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 02-24-2014, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroBoutique
Wow that is a total freak accident! At least you weren't hurt. Showed this to a LE buddy and he said this is why they don't do high speed pursuits in local areas for risk of accidents and collateral damage.

Quite honestly your best bet is to fix it yourself with used parts. It would be THE most economical solution. Anything that involves the court, lawyers, etc will cost you more out of pocket and it's a gamble if you will even get a ROI. I see a fender, headlight, bumper, paint, some bumper supports and maybe plastics. Nothing sever assuming there is no frame issues.

I know it's hindsight now but this is why you don't go out late at night, trouble is always out at night.

G'luck with your case!
Thanks for the input and your concern... looks like im going out of pocket on this one. I'd rather be in this position of fixing my front end than being in the hospital... or worse.

If anybody got some extra used parts laying around, PM me. Just need fender, headlight, and right side bumper support. I got a bumper from my buddy. But if you can help me out on price... thanks.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:40 PM

Help a brother out ^^^ . If i had that stuff i would give it to you. Sad to hear because i know what its like to lose a job and have to drop all your shit down then of course the unthinkable happens. I hope everything gets fixed.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by JayJones
Help a brother out ^^^ . If i had that stuff i would give it to you. Sad to hear because i know what its like to lose a job and have to drop all your shit down then of course the unthinkable happens. I hope everything gets fixed.
Thanks man, Yeah its been tough.

[Update]

Starting to take apart the front end. Ordered and bought the necessary parts.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:04 AM

Damn. That sucks. Good luck on the repair.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:17 AM

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

good luck. I hope the perp get many years but with our justice system, it's 15 years sentence but 6 months served then parole to go out and do it again.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RUNVTEC
is it me or your tires are worn both on outside and inside... low pressure in your tires?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:33 AM

Received 245 Likes on 175 Posts

He could have flipped them.

ROD

Quick Reply: Police Chase