California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Parking on the street in SF

Old 07-26-2001, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by VIOLATION

Ok, I cant remember which member it was or what thread I saw it in, but someone made a little metal plate next to their exhaust. This plate was screwed onto something and was right below the bumper. He placed his parking sticker on that. I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I believe the thread had something to do with the exhaust, probably in the s2000 Talk forum. Look for it, maybe it'll give you an idea of what you can do so you dont "vandalize" your baby with an ugly sticker.
Yeah, I remember that thread. It was someone in Hawaii that did this. On a black one if memory serves.

I think I would do the same if I had to put on a sticker.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:47 PM

SF native here...

Here is my criteria for living in the city:

- only buy/rent a place with a garage
- always park in a spot with easy in an out access (i.e. avoid parrallel parking between cars at all costs if you want to keep your bumper in good nick)
- there's nothing stopping someone phucking your car up if they really want to
- buy wheel locks
- never keep anything of value visable in the car

p.s. welcome to the neighborhood.
Old 07-27-2001, 08:27 AM

Wow! Thanks for all the replies! Now it looks like i may be getting a place in the fillmore/pac heights area- a nicer area, but still looking for that garage! I'm trying to see if an apartment complex or some person with a garage will rent it to me -sigh- we'll see.

About wheel locks- you guys think they are a worthwhile investment? It seemed like a couple months ago people thought they were generally bad because if someone wanted to steal your tires and found locks on 'em, then they'd either vandalize the car just for kicks or rip it apart looking for the key. Also someone said the honda wheel locks are heavy enough to unbalance the tires ? Hmm....well thanks for all the help, hopefully I'll get this whole rental thing behind me soon- people are still asking for waaay to much for housing! It's insane!

Oh, one last thing, if I do have to get that but ugly sticker, do you think I could put it on my car cover instead? Hmm....wonder how i'd get that exhaust plate thingy....

anyways, see you out on the streets!
Old 07-27-2001, 11:45 AM
SaV

I'll tell you this. I used to hang out with a lot of thiefs and if you don't have wheel locks your rims are gonna get jacked. This is FOR SURE. Don't trust anywhere you park. One of my younger friends is now rolling on some stolen S2K rims on his Mister 2. For me... I have a Clifford alarm w/ a proximity sensor (radar), omnisensor (shock), and a tilt sensor (in case my car is being raised to have my rims jacked). I have all of these sensors on the sensitive tip, just to make sure that they know an alarm is present. Oh well, they can still tow it away....then, I get a new car ! Hopefully it never happens. Latez!