California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Out on Bail, Fresh out Jail, California Dreamin'.......

Old 09-08-2003, 10:17 AM
ttb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey whites2ooo,

why did you buy a sports car? or do you always take your car to the track to drive it hard? if you do, i applaud you for that. i agree that reckless weaving in and out of traffic fast and furious style is wrong and you should be arrested for that....but on a wide open highway and nobody really around is it really that bad to go fast? i took my car to 150 this weekend...nobdoy was within 2 miles of me...was it stupid? yes, because i might have hit a pot hole and crashed...should i be arrested...hell no...these speed limit laws are ridiculous. you might as well sell your s2000 and get a camry. it does 35/65 real nice....

s2-raw, sorry to hear about your bad luck. get a laywer if you can, or maybe see if they can lessen the charges. hope your car is emissions legal.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:24 AM
ttb

oh, s2-raw, you probably already know this, but i think there's a differnce between going over 100mph (exhibition of speed) and streeting racing. i would imagine over over 100mph is less serious than racing. if you guys were just going fast, but weren't racing i'd see if you can get some type of deal worked out. it's less points on your record i think.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:27 AM

Let's not bash each other about driving habits... it's a matter of choice and we'll all get what we deserve at the end. If any of you CHOOSE to have a debate in here, this thread will get locked.

anyway, street racing is 6 points on your record... yup ouch it hurts.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:29 AM

Why did I buy it??? I love the car! simple as that...
I have a Civic as a daily driver, maybe thats where the 35/65 comes into play....? eh! Regardless of Econo-box, Sports car, SUV, boat, commercial jet, stealth fighter...whatever I still do my best to obey all laws. especially speed limits.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:29 AM

6 points on your record [/B]
What is the Max. amount of points you can obtain before loosing you license in CA?
Old 09-08-2003, 10:34 AM
ttb

scared to ask how much insurance would cost after that on your record....i wouldn't be surprised if the the cost of lawyer would be offset by how much you would save on insurance if the lawyer could get to off/lesser charge.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:35 AM
ttb

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedS2Girl
[B]Let's not bash each other about driving habits... it's a matter of choice and we'll all get what we deserve at the end.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:04 AM

I think you receive 4 points from street racing unless they have changed it...because I did get a ticket for "exhibition of speed/speed contest" a couple of years ago and went to court...I received 4 points...my premium has been outrageous for the last 2 years...Thank god it'll clear up by early next year....I think the maxium points you can get is 6 before they revoke/suspend your license.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by notoriousjap
I think you receive 4 points from street racing unless they have changed it...because I did get a ticket for "exhibition of speed/speed contest" a couple of years ago and went to court...I received 4 points...my premium has been outrageous for the last 2 years...Thank god it'll clear up by early next year....I think the maxium points you can get is 6 before they revoke/suspend your license.
4 points for street racing? How much for a DWI?

Nevermind, DWI is a 2-point offense in CA (latest according to the DMV). I think DWI is by far a worse crime than street racing. Odd how that works out.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:25 AM
ttb

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rworne
[B]

4 points for street racing?

Quick Reply: Out on Bail, Fresh out Jail, California Dreamin'.......