California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Opinions on Anderson Honda or Autowest Fremont?

Old 11-01-2004, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Anderson Honda or Autowest Fremont?

Ugh, my passenger side headlight (HID low beam) went out! Figuring i'm under warranty, i'd like to take it to a dealership instead of messing around with the (expensive) HID's myself. Heard good things about Larry Hopkins and Menlo, but Anderson Honda is right next to my work, and Autowest Honda Fremont is right next to my house. Any opinions on Anderson Honda or Autowest Honda Fremont??? Thanks!

btw one headlight on the S2000 is still brighter than most of the other cars' lights on the road
Old 11-01-2004, 01:42 PM

and if this is helpful info, i was just driving down 880 south freeway around Oakland when i hit a minor bump (just a typical bump along bumpy 880 south) and i saw my right headlight go out.......any idea what could have happened?
Old 11-02-2004, 01:57 PM

My Best Friend's dad is an exec at AH. He investigates dealers for fraudulent warranty service charges to AH. It was hinted that all the dealers in SJ and Fremont are "suspect." This is not fraudulent service to the customer. It involves asking AH to pay for non-existant warranty service.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:28 PM

I've had some good dealings with Autowest Honda. If you do go there talk to Burt. Real cool service writer and has worked with a lot of S2000's before, including mine and a friend.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:59 PM

well called up anderson honda today and asked what was the earliest i could bring the car in. he said i can bring it in right now. so i brought it in and in less than an hour they determined that the buld itself was not working (i'm a little confused how the bulb could be defective...but i guess it happens) and they ordered a new bulb for me....i'm supposed to call be tomorrow around 10am and see if the bulb is in.....
Old 11-03-2004, 09:03 AM

Just be careful and not let Anderson Honda sell you on other things you don't need.
I recently had warranty work done a month ago and the dealer try
to scare me about my dif. fluid because dealer noticed
wrong fluid was put in there and recommended to flush it out asap and
was causing my rear to perform differently than other S2000 dealer
has driven. Dealer said you shouldn't put anything in there that is not recommended by Honda. I reply, I wouldn't either. Apparently, dealership had no clue about LE607. They also recommended me to get a valve adjustment and a 30K service done. I only have 23K miles on my car and car drives fine.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by slimjim43,Nov 3 2004, 10:03 AM
Just be careful and not let Anderson Honda sell you on other things you don't need.
I recently had warranty work done a month ago and the dealer try
to scare me about my dif. fluid because dealer noticed
wrong fluid was put in there and recommended to flush it out asap and
was causing my rear to perform differently than other S2000 dealer
has driven. Dealer said you shouldn't put anything in there that is not recommended by Honda. I reply, I wouldn't either. Apparently, dealership had no clue about LE607. They also recommended me to get a valve adjustment and a 30K service done. I only have 23K miles on my car and car drives fine.
well i don't hold this against them
ANY service advisor aka service salesman is going to try and sell you services
actually, if they didn't they aren't doing their job and probably would get fired.....
Old 11-03-2004, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by hpark,Nov 3 2004, 10:34 AM
actually, if they didn't they aren't doing their job and probably would get fired.....
So how was your experience with Anderson Honda?

I hope it was better than mine. I went in there for a simple tire change and ended up with a nightmare. Check it out.........
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=225899
Old 11-03-2004, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by hpark,Nov 3 2004, 06:34 PM
I would agree with you only if the performance was necessary, but in my
case, it was unnecessary. The dealer made a statement, not an opinion. This is considered misrepresentation, which is fraud. Performing unnecessary work.
For example: Your dentist tell you, you need fillings when actually your teeth are
totally healthy. Back in Sep. 2004, twenty dentist in the Central Valley were charged for performing unnecessary work on healthy teeth.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by S2-Raw,Nov 3 2004, 11:48 AM
So how was your experience with Anderson Honda?

I hope it was better than mine. I went in there for a simple tire change and ended up with a nightmare. Check it out.........
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=225899
okay now you're starting to scare me........
i already took the car in once (yesterday) and they had to order a new bulb (which has already arrived in 1 day) and new inverter (which is on "national backorder" and will be here next Thursday).
I thoroughly examined the car (inside and out) when i got the car back and didn't see anything wrong (though i'm assuming they didn't have to do much to check what was wrong with my headlight....it did take them <1hr).

i'd like to avoid honda dealerships, but i think i'd rather get my headlight fixed under warranty as i hear they are pretty expensive

Quick Reply: Opinions on Anderson Honda or Autowest Fremont?