California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Opinion on CF Spoilers

Old 02-03-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenneths2k
I live near the ingleside too someone set off my alarm so I ran outside with a machete and dude hopped into his car and never came back lol..
Also by any chance, are you the silver S with black/carbon hardtop and apr spoiler on geneva?
Old 02-03-2015, 10:36 AM

That's my future brother in law lol I drive a black one
Old 02-03-2015, 11:24 AM

I ran a seibon carbon gt wing for a while, and found it to be a love/hate relationship. Some people loved it but some people hated it so I took it off after a while because there was just too many haters. I usually say do what you want regardless of what other people think but I wasn't particularly attached to it.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:40 AM

I liked the Seibon wing too but it's a bit too low for my liking, prefer it with risers if there were any available.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Be sure you have comprehensive insurance and a reasonable deductible amount with the wing specifically named in the policy.

I can tell you with certainty that the first impulse people have when they see a big wang is to walk up to it, grab it with both hands, and start shaking it back and forth. I say this statement some what provocatively and jokingly, but it's completely true.

Be prepared to reinforce your trunk (cr trunk stiffeners, or more) and be prepared for the trunk to deform.

Be prepared for every smart ass troll in the parking lot to walk up to you and say "how's the under steer" , so come up with a script you can reply right away and not feel like your manhood has been stripped away by the insensitivity and naivety.

Be prepared for a love/hate relationship between your wing and others on the road, ranging from thumbs up an paparazzi style photo mobs to bizarre loud vulgar homophobic statements coming from cars with teenage drivers.

All this tips come from an apr gtc 300 owner.

lol you must drive around much more than I do. I haven't experienced any of that, at least to my knowledge.

With that said is there any reason in particular that you want that wing other than the style? Do you plan on doing trackdays or autocross? The reason I'm asking is because there's smaller more subtle wings that do look good that you can paint match and not have to worry about it being stolen like the asm and mugen wing. I had an gtc 200 on my car and daily drove the car for a while without any issues but I did have it in a carport in San Mateo and then the open garage where I currently live. I now have a gtc 300 and still continue to leave it on the car since I no longer drive it but I live in an area now where people aren't really driving around looking for Honda parts.

If I were you I would get some security screws, Hell even jb weld if you don't mind taking the extra measure. Other than that there really is not much you can do as all apr wings use the same trunk lid mounts that only allow you to bolt the wing unlike J's Racing or Voltex where you could unbolt them at the the bottom of the wing and leave the mount in place for easier re install. When my wing comes off I have to use the OEM wing to cover 2/4 holes which kind of sucks.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
Originally Posted by TougeHorseman' timestamp='1422977960' post='23491914
Be sure you have comprehensive insurance and a reasonable deductible amount with the wing specifically named in the policy.

I can tell you with certainty that the first impulse people have when they see a big wang is to walk up to it, grab it with both hands, and start shaking it back and forth. I say this statement some what provocatively and jokingly, but it's completely true.

Be prepared to reinforce your trunk (cr trunk stiffeners, or more) and be prepared for the trunk to deform.

Be prepared for every smart ass troll in the parking lot to walk up to you and say "how's the under steer" , so come up with a script you can reply right away and not feel like your manhood has been stripped away by the insensitivity and naivety.

Be prepared for a love/hate relationship between your wing and others on the road, ranging from thumbs up an paparazzi style photo mobs to bizarre loud vulgar homophobic statements coming from cars with teenage drivers.

lol you must drive around much more than I do. I haven't experienced any of that, at least to my knowledge.

With that said is there any reason in particular that you want that wing other than the style? Do you plan on doing trackdays or autocross? The reason I'm asking is because there's smaller more subtle wings that do look good that you can paint match and not have to worry about it being stolen like the asm and mugen wing. I had an gtc 200 on my car and daily drove the car for a while without any issues but I did have it in a carport in San Mateo and then the open garage where I currently live. I now have a gtc 300 and still continue to leave it on the car since I no longer drive it but I live in an area now where people aren't really driving around looking for Honda parts.

If I were you I would get some security screws, Hell even jb weld if you don't mind taking the extra measure. Other than that there really is not much you can do as all apr wings use the same trunk lid mounts that only allow you to bolt the wing unlike J's Racing or Voltex where you could unbolt them at the the bottom of the wing and leave the mount in place for easier re install. When my wing comes off I have to use the OEM wing to cover 2/4 holes which kind of sucks.
Wing is primarily for trackday but I don't see too many in a year. Maybe 3-4. Having said that, low spoilers like the ASM and Mugen wings probably don't give enough downforce to make a difference at the track versus the price I have to pay for one. If you haven't heard, Sunnydale has had it's 4th home invasion in 4 days. I live several blocks away there. But I called insurance today and they said they will cover my wing if it is ever stolen from me.

I plan to use red locktite for the bolts that mount to the stands from under the trunk, don't know if that will make a difference. What kind of security screws are we talking about?

I greatly appreciate your input!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexi2k
Originally Posted by Thateguhate' timestamp='1423016255' post='23492738
[quote name='TougeHorseman' timestamp='1422977960' post='23491914']

Wing is primarily for trackday but I don't see too many in a year. Maybe 3-4. Having said that, low spoilers like the ASM and Mugen wings probably don't give enough downforce to make a difference at the track versus the price I have to pay for one. If you haven't heard, Sunnydale has had it's 4th home invasion in 4 days. I live several blocks away there. But I called insurance today and they said they will cover my wing if it is ever stolen from me.

I plan to use red locktite for the bolts that mount to the stands from under the trunk, don't know if that will make a difference. What kind of security screws are we talking about?

I greatly appreciate your input!
[/quote]

No problem at all. Yeah you are right those wings won't help with downforce. I wasn't sure if you planned on racing your car or just doing it for appearance. The wing worked great on my car when I had it, I did use the 2.5 inch risers throughout the entire time it was on my car, I just got the itch to go a size up after I put my splitter on. Did the insurance say if they would cover it fully? Or just a percentage? When I was with AAA they would cover up to 45% of the actual parts value which was downright bullshit, I'm not sure if it was because they were add on's rather than stock part replacements or not though. The security screws I know exist although I've never purchased them myself, I assume someone else here might know more than I do about that.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:06 PM

Actually. You'd be surprised at how well a small ASM or Mugen wing will work on the S2000. It's all about balance though. If you start doing more to the front, you need more for the rear and vice versa.

Sounds like size isn't really the issue, but theft. If it makes you feel any better, it'd be cheaper to get an APR stolen than one of those ASM or Mugen wings.

Why not just take your wing off when you're parked at home? Or is that too much work if you want to cruise around with it on a daily basis?
Old 02-04-2015, 02:27 AM

I always thought APR wings were more expensive. By taking it off, do you mean taking the wing off and leaving the stands on?

About balance, I have no actual aero mods done to the front other than the Amuse wide body bumper that has non functional canards and a splitter looking thing. For the rear, I have a diffuser and plan on the wing. Should I just leave out the wing?