California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

NSFW (Not Safe For Wantone)...

Old 09-07-2003, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there gang... I've finally answered all the PMs and e-mails sent. I want to thank each and everyone of you for all the kind words and to let you know that I am a-ok... can't say much for the M though but those are the realities of a night drive. I want to take this opportunity to put closure to what had happened and to transform my bad experience into something positive for the rest of you...

With any accident we tend to blame others before ourselves. I could have blamed my mishap on numerous incidences prior-- 1. Kumori's post about forseeing this to be a dangerous drive thus putting a hex on the event, 2. not having the 'usual' members come out this time, 3. not driving the S2000 to a S2000 event, 4. participants not listening clearly prior to the route before drive off, 5. my burnt lip, 6. my slightly overweight friend who switched seating from front to rear, 7. having 14PPD on day of drive (Chinese thing )... etc. Yes I could have blamed it on all this but the blame goes to me and all me.

Leading the entire group and with 3 passengers in the car, I have to admit my ego far surpassed my car's output. Driving the M I certainly couldn't be followed by a Z. Plus with my 3 passenger in the car, I had to show them what I and the car could do. And so I had compromised the one rule I've always lived by, never to show off. There's really no good place or reason to show off. Another rule I compromised was allowing passengers along a drive and here I was speeding with 3!

The first leg of the journey was excellent. Clear road, clear skies, great timing. We were wooohooing all the way to HWY 9 for we'd put quite a distance on the silver Z350 behind us. We circled back from HWY 9, met up with SYCOSHO at Alice's and decided to complete the last leg of HWY35 to HWY 92. On the third turn after Alice's was a turn with a recommended speed of 30MPH. I looked down at the speedo and we were at 40MPH. No big deal I thought except for that very split second I took my eye off the road to look behind, I did not realize that I had braked on what seemed to be gravel underneath. My rear swung to the right. Text book procedure then was to correct it by inducing immediate steering to the right. I did just that and the car straightened right out! Before my friends and I could woohooo the right side of my car was now now on the shoulder. Again no big deal until Mr. M met with Mr. Rock! Up front was a 2 feet tall rock. The M hit the rock and we went over it. Meanwhile because we were on the rocky shoulder, traction could not be had, and so we just slid uphill until we hit Mrs. Rock. This second rock stopped us in our tracks and I checked to see if everyone was fine? They were and what a dust storm I created. We got out and within minutes 2 CHP cars surrounded us. We all walked over to the side and found the car to be in perfect condition! The door panels, fenders were all intact. Then the patrolman shined his lights to the front and it was there that I realized the damage was much more severe. The front right wheel was completely jacked up. I mean it was like the flying Delorean in Back To The Future! The rim just bent up! 40mins had passed and a report was filed. The two officers were nice enough to give us a lift to San Bruno where my brother ultimately picked us up. At this time I will be facing some hefty repair bills. Lucky for me there were no tickets issued and one officer even commented the patch I had hit was from a recent rock slide. This would explain why I didn't see it before I lost it

From this experience I am grateful that my passengers were okay and that so many of you have sent me PMs and messages. I am especially grateful to RedS2Girl, Loki and Xviper for looking out for me i.e. deleting threads about me which I honestly must say were not in my best interests. I also wanted to thank those that called sorry but my phone's still charging. As happy as I a clam I am with friends like you I was equally disappointed to see other's posting the arrest of a member and pics of the evo! Both never mentioned by the individuals involved. I post crash pics and stories yes but never about a fellow member! I hope we can all subscribe to that in the future.

God Bless...
Old 09-07-2003, 10:41 PM

glad to hear ur ok Ev.. and that u only ended up with a bent rim..
Old 09-07-2003, 10:42 PM

More than that bro... bent rim + bent tire + bent steering arm + bent shock + bent ego OWNED!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by wantone
More than that bro... bent rim + bent tire + bent steering arm + bent shock + bent ego OWNED!!!

but atleast u, and everyone in ur car are ok.. i think that's a little more important..
Old 09-07-2003, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definately glad to see you're doing well Ev! i guess we all eventually have some mishaps whether small or large; it's good to see that you're able to chalk it up as a learning experience (a painful one for the M though )

as for posts about accidents, i agree. crash pics and stories about s2ki members should come from that individual or at that individual's consent. i can appreciate that unwritten rule as it's been the situation for me as well in the past.

again, glad to see youre alright!

rich
Old 09-07-2003, 10:57 PM

Glad to hear you ok Ev. This still will not take the attention off of your molely/warty upper lip
Old 09-07-2003, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by MeCCaJM

but atleast u, and everyone in ur car are ok.. i think that's a little more important..

The important thing is that you and your passengers are ok
A car can be replaced, but not individuals.....
Old 09-07-2003, 11:10 PM

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

Nothing more for me to add...
Just have the same thoughts as others here: Sorry about car. Glad no one hurt.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wantone

As happy as I a clam I am with friends like you I was equally disappointed to see other's posting the arrest of a member and pics of the evo! Both never mentioned by the individuals involved.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:21 PM

Originally posted by mooboyDC5

I dunno if you were referring to the pics I posted, but I was actually in the EVO when the shit hit the fan and coachola posted a follow-up...
hey what happened to the link for the pictures of the drive/pictures of the Evo?

Quick Reply: NSFW (Not Safe For Wantone)...