California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Novice Group Drive IV on Oct 20 (this Sat)

Old 10-18-2001, 11:10 PM
Ina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see everyone is still going strong. The past weeks have been really busy so we've been out of touch. Not able to ride this one but hopefully can make the next one. MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2001, 10:57 AM

Is the traffic of people going to HalfMoon Bay for the pumpkin Festival going to be trouble?

AA
Old 10-19-2001, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by UCrazyKid
Is the traffic of people going to HalfMoon Bay for the pumpkin Festival going to be trouble?

AA
That probably creates traffic at 280, 1 and 92. We meet at 92/35 and from that point on, we go mountain road, so traffic probably is not a problem during the drive. However, we probably need to get to the starting point earlier to account for the extra traffic.
Old 10-20-2001, 06:13 AM

*YAWN..... its on!!! if anyone reads this before they head out.. let me know whats going on when you get to the meeting point. thanks..

cliff
Old 10-20-2001, 10:37 AM

Sorry I had to leave early...I have a date today.

The "novice" drive seems like a good relaxing way to enjoy the scenery, but how about an "advanced" drive for ppl that want to go a bit (or a lot) faster? I've gone on a midnight run with the impreza club and I go out a lot with just my friends on highway 9 past midnight. No cars, no cops (knock on wood) and lots of fun. Deer is the only hazard really.

I will post some more info about it and see what you guys think. I have some "rules" that we would need to follow if we do this since last time out, my friend crashed in front of me so I don't want a repeat of that. (he's alright, the car's getting fixed...)
Old 10-20-2001, 10:46 AM

Thats amazing. My wife and I decided to go for a drive this morning. And i said lets go to skyline blvd, i've never driven it. So while shes getting ready im looking at this message and wow everyone had the same idea today. Unfortunately i never saw it and its now nearly 12.

Oh well some other time maybe.
Old 10-20-2001, 01:46 PM

It was good to meet some of the gang this morning. I definitely got some good ideas after seeing the mods to your cars.

And if that was a "novice" run, I think some of you guys are ready for your Formula One license. :-) Still, on the public roads I think we need to exercise a bit more restraint, particularly in light of recent tragedies.

After the group split up (where did the guys in back go?), I realized I still had someone's spare Motorola radio (black). Sorry I've spaced out on the owner's name ... just drop me a PM and we can figure out how to get it back to you.

Mark
Old 10-20-2001, 03:14 PM

I realized I still had someone's spare Motorola radio (black).
Mark,

Yah...we followed Andy and his friend and they split from you guys.. what happened to everyone?? we went to stanford and saw no one.. oh..that was my motorola.. i'll drop you the PM.. we could arrange for me to get it...yah..although it is "novice"..it seemed a few notches above that...pretty tough course especially with all the traffic.. and narrow road..i had fun...unfortunately for the incident that happened..

speaking of which.. i had the video camera on during that time and i think that biker got his story mixed up!!! when we turned the corner before the accident.. someone on the radio mentioned "be careful for the motorcycle accident".. the biker claims that one of us caused it..but someone in front saw it before we got to him..how is that possible??? His story went from.. "someone hit me" to "a couple of things caused me to fall".. IMHO.. i think he wasn't an experienced rider and got spooked by all our cars and lost balance.. cuz there was no scratches on the ITR and his bike had no apparent damages except that he dropped it.. what do you guys think??? anyways.. we need to pick a different route next time... i think the 2nd drive had the best route and wasn't too difficult..

It was good to meet everyone that went and hope to see some of you at AutoX tomorrow

Cliff
Old 10-20-2001, 03:32 PM

Interesting... The rider(big guy) that went down on the Harley apperently was not the owner of the Harley... When I left the scene with the Harley the other(skinny) guy was riding it.
Old 10-20-2001, 08:47 PM

Thanks for showing up, everyone! We had 12 cars initially but at the end only 6 left though.... We didn't make it to Stanford also because people just wanted to have lunch quickly....

The drive thru Alpine and Page Mill is as tough as advertised. Too bad Chris (Dum Dum Head) missed it. (BTW, the route along 35 and 84 is just for warm up. Too bad you missed the main course. Well, you got a date though. That's more important I think. )

It was bad that we "induced" an accident today (the one with the Harley bike). Fortunately, no one was injured. What a relief to anyone who was involved!

mh_v10: You probably need to take your viper out to go with Josh (josh3io) & Co. 's advanced group drives. Someone told me they made some corners at 80s or 90s.... That's why I introduced the idea of "Novice Group Drive". I think it is more like a spirited drive done by people who have very little or no autox/track experience. Hmm... It maybe a good idea to have "Novice Group Cruise", so everyone on the drive can drive at speed limit. Who wants to volunteer to organize that?

Quick Reply: Novice Group Drive IV on Oct 20 (this Sat)