California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Novice group drive II discussion

Old 08-28-2001, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will there be any Valentine 1 users going to this drive?
Old 08-28-2001, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by redleader
will there be any Valentine 1 users going to this drive?
Radar detectors will not help you on 84. They instant on you. That is where I received my first ticket and had no detection until it was too late. I would stay away from 84 well at least the lower part by Woodside.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:52 PM

Do you know abt the cop situation around King's Mtn Rd and Skyline Saturday mornings? If there are really lots of cops there around that time, we might try another route.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by umvue
Do you know abt the cop situation around King's Mtn Rd and Skyline Saturday mornings? If there are really lots of cops there around that time, we might try another route.
Ive driven king's mtn rd a couple of times, and I didnt notice any good spots for the fuzz to sit and wait, i could be wrong though, I was busy driving.
Old 08-29-2001, 07:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Look's to me like nobody is heading to Laguna Seca for the ALMS event that weekend, eh? This ride sounds pretty good though. I would be interested in meeting up with Ina and Maury if everthing falls into place.

This weekend (Labor Day) I have to work Saturday but on Sunday some friends ('01 Boxster and '87 Carrera Targa) are joining us (with the S2K) to take in the World of Outlaws race up at Calistoga. As we all know, "racing is Life".
Old 08-31-2001, 06:46 PM

Ok, so if no one have any objection, then let's take this route:

1) Drive up Canada Rd
2) Turn right to Half Moon Bay Rd (aka 92)
3) Turn left to Skyline Blvd (aka 84)
4) Turn left to King's Mtn Rd
5) Turn left to Woodside Rd
6) Stay there until we hit 280

Now, we need a big parking lot somewhere in Foster City and a Lunch place in somewhere around Menlo Park. Any suggestions from local people?
Old 08-31-2001, 08:46 PM
dsp

Now, we need a big parking lot somewhere in Foster City and a Lunch place in somewhere around Menlo Park. Any suggestions from local people?
Hm, depending on how many people, there are a couple of places near 280 & Woodside. In downtown Woodside in particular, there are Buck's and the Woodside Bakery & Grill. Both in the parking lot on the left side of 84/Woodside just before Canada Road. Buck's has lots of brunchy food that's not super great but it's the famous as the Silicon Valley power breakfast hotspot. The Bakery actually has some good food with atmosphere that balances between fancy and super-casual (somehow).

Other than that, there isn't much to be found unless you drop down into the valley, far past 280. Menlo Park? That's a looong way from 84 & 280. Why not eat at Alice's or whatever they're currently calling the place across the street from there?
Old 09-02-2001, 01:34 AM

Originally posted by dsp

Hm, depending on how many people, there are a couple of places near 280 & Woodside. In downtown Woodside in particular, there are Buck's and the Woodside Bakery & Grill. Both in the parking lot on the left side of 84/Woodside just before Canada Road. Buck's has lots of brunchy food that's not super great but it's the famous as the Silicon Valley power breakfast hotspot. The Bakery actually has some good food with atmosphere that balances between fancy and super-casual (somehow).

Other than that, there isn't much to be found unless you drop down into the valley, far past 280. Menlo Park? That's a looong way from 84 & 280. Why not eat at Alice's or whatever they're currently calling the place across the street from there?
Alice's restaurant is a good place to eat. plenty of parking spaces around the area.

If you want a less traveled road, you can try Old La Honda. It is pretty narrow, but not a lot of cars. Road is mostly use by bicyclists.
Old 09-03-2001, 10:02 AM

It seems to me there are two people feel strongly about Alice's restaurant, so let's have lunch there then. Now what's missing is a big parking lot close to 92/280 for us to meet at 10am. Any suggestions?
Old 09-03-2001, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me there are two people feel strongly about Alice's restaurant, so let's have lunch there then. Now what's missing is a big parking lot close to 92/280 for us to meet at 10am. Any suggestions?
the parking lot at the intersection of 35 and 92. Plenty of room.

Quick Reply: Novice group drive II discussion