California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Norcal Sightings Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 10:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn that sucks..Did they clean up all the road debris up there? I took a drive on Wednesday and it was horrible from the Monday/Tuesday winds.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

There were two cars following the guy, I think a Blue M3 and an Emerald Green NB Miata with Hardtop. Crashed on the first bridge before Saratoga Springs, hit another car and definitely the wall or the mountain side. Whole driver side of the car was destroyed, rear end was smashed and missing the bumper cover. Definite oversteer accident. As my girlfriend said, SSM AP2, Hardtop, exhaust, wheels with Z2's (or RS3's).

Roads were mostly okay, normal debris. That bridge was like ice, however. Lots of gravel and cold. All the roads were cold, as usual.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that sucks! One of my favorite roads too.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:02 AM

was going to take a drive out there today, but guess i'll go elsewhere. law enforcement will prob step things up for a while. still have my stocks on cuz i don't have the valve stems for my HREs yet.

be safe out there, everyone.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:44 AM

I wouldn't doubt it. I always like to have a little fun when I take drives up there but this just isn't the time of year to do it, The roads are cold/damp and just less predictable.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Though, some prefer a little "angle" on their commute.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Though, some prefer a little "angle" on their commute.
Ap1 snap + rs3's + cold weather + cliffs = I'm good.. lol
Old 01-03-2015, 04:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There's some wisdom to the saying "predictably unpredictable". I'm in for the driver's commentary. We need a sub form like BARF called accident analysis where people who wreck can post up about what went wrong and other people can learn from others' mistakes. Otherwise all these wrecks just get chalked up in my book as the driver bit off more than he/she can chew. There has to be some ownership. It's not like the road just went from perfect conditions to icy/gravel/cold around one corner. Accidents around here always get chalked up as some mechanical failure or "my steering locked" or "wrong tire choice" or "snap oversteer" but in reality the person driving the car as more responsibility than the parts that compose the machine they pilot. Plenty of sports cars drove that road the same day and didn't wreck. What really went wrong?
Old 01-03-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

When it's cold the roads definitely get a little less predictable, but it always comes down to the driver in the end. You are responsible for understanding the conditions, you are responsible for making sure your car is well maintained, and so on and so on.

If you only drive in perfect conditions you will be absolutely terrible driving in bad conditions, which in the bay area is pretty much only cold weather, and dirty roads. If you want to go out an learn how to drive, leave your dumb friend that sits in the passenger seat and talks nonsense at home. Turn off your stupid music, and just practice and enjoy driving.

It can be done safely in pretty much any condition in a way that is still a blast.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:45 PM

Not always true Casey. I took full responsibility for assuming that my front splitter was going to be my saving grace as far as downforce goes and sure as shit I went out there and got overly confident and went off doing about 70-80mph or so. Truth is our ego's get the best of us and nobody likes to admit when they f@#ked up or did something wrong.

I blamed the car at first myself but that was because I didn't really take into account what was going to change with me adding parts and not having full knowledge of what it will do for me. Just goes to show it's not always 100% of the time our ego's but rather not having enough knowledge about what we are doing wrong as drivers.

I do agree having a sub forum like that would be good though. I actually used that section on BARF after I got into a rear end collision on my F4i.

Quick Reply: Norcal Sightings Thread