California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Norcal Sightings Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
Originally Posted by RUNVTEC' timestamp='1373873243' post='22666105
spotted at the tanforan century theatres parking lot. I had my yellow ap1 parked on the other side of you.
pretty brave. people can't park in that lot/mall. i saw Fast & Furious 6 there and parked at the end of the aisle. when i came back, some knucklehead was parked across the line & almost against my driver side door. :thumbdown: that was the first & last time i drove my S there. it's not any better when i drive my other cars or my gf's either.
Yeah it can be sketch at times. I haven't had any problems yet, been there a dozen times.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I always bring my S2000 to Tanforan movie theater in the parking garage floors for past 5 years. Never had any dings/dents/key-ings. People respect a nice, clean, polished, well-engineered piece of Japanese automotive design on public roads and parking lots. =) People are careful, curious and excited around the 'S.'
Old 07-17-2013, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spotted this white CR at around noon today when I was with my family at Pho 54 in Alum Rock.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
I always bring my S2000 to Tanforan movie theater in the parking garage floors for past 5 years. Never had any dings/dents/key-ings. People respect a nice, clean, polished, well-engineered piece of Japanese automotive design on public roads and parking lots. =) People are careful, curious and excited around the 'S.'
you must not get out very much cuz i've been to just about every mall on the West Coast (seems like it anyway. -1234589 for high maintenance gfs, present one excl of course, honey) lol anyways, i've seen the best and worst of what's out there. Tanforan isn't that bad (outdoor lots), but the covered structure, near the theaters, is pretty awful, esp the lower level.

similarly, i was at the Colma Target yesterday and had to move my gfs suv TWICE in less than 15 mins while i waited for her to shop. two careless people rolled up HELLA close in their land yachts, and we just got her car outa the body shop from fixing some hit & run damage. can't stand inconsiderate people.

all that said, there's a guy w/an orange McLaren mp4-12c that has no probs parking in the slots on Irving St in the Sunset. I see it all the time sandwiched in between the produce trucks & other beaters out there. lol
Old 07-18-2013, 07:57 AM

back on topic, i actually think i saw you yesterday a lil before 7pm on Brotherhood linejumping to beat the gridlock on the turn towards SF State. lol your car was pretty shiny tho.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
Originally Posted by XenonKiller99' timestamp='1373950934' post='22668259
you must not get out very much cuz i've been to just about every mall on the West Coast (seems like it anyway. -1234589 for high maintenance gfs, present one excl of course, honey) lol anyways, i've seen the best and worst of what's out there. Tanforan isn't that bad (outdoor lots), but the covered structure, near the theaters, is pretty awful, esp the lower level.

similarly, i was at the Colma Target yesterday and had to move my gfs suv TWICE in less than 15 mins while i waited for her to shop. two careless people rolled up HELLA close in their land yachts, and we just got her car outa the body shop from fixing some hit & run damage. can't stand inconsiderate people.

all that said, there's a guy w/an orange McLaren mp4-12c that has no probs parking in the slots on Irving St in the Sunset. I see it all the time sandwiched in between the produce trucks & other beaters out there. lol
I actually go out a lot, especially drive pretty much everywhere on Fri, Sat, Sun. You just have to know where to park and what to look for in parking lots. I never park in 'compact' spots, and where the parking slot width are narrow. I tend to park next shopping cart stations and align my car to the cart station rails as close as possible so the opposite side will be away from doors that swing wide open. Most of my parking are parallel parking since I would rather get front and bumper scratches than side door/dent dings. I haven't had any problem with anyone hitting front or rear of my car the past years yet while on parallel parking. The worst parking is at Ranch 99 Market in Daly City since I've had 3 hit and run incidents and was able to witness it. Target in Colma is pretty bad too but I park faaaaaaaar away, more on the bed and furniture side and/or Sizzler where there's no cars around. At Tanforan Century Theater, I park upstairs where the entrance to the theather is(level 2 or 3 I forget). I tend to look for parking near the walls where I can just park one side of my car as far as possible to avoid doors swinging open but within the marked white lane. I tend to bring my Acura TL instead at the theaters mostly but still never had a ding yet.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:53 AM

The worst parking is at Ranch 99 Market in Daly City since I've had 3 hit and run incidents and was able to witness it.
Any Ranch 99. I park hella far away when at the R99 in Foster City. I don't trust the drivers there at all...
Old 07-18-2013, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ap1porVida
Spotted a white s2000 with an oem black hardtop at the evening berreyssa flea market/hotrod/food truck thing they had going on.

What was the deal with the smell there? Lol. I was there for like 30mins and bounced.
They had a stinky tofu truck there. I read it won't be there this weekend.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
Originally Posted by Ap1porVida' timestamp='1373787579' post='22664767
Spotted a white s2000 with an oem black hardtop at the evening berreyssa flea market/hotrod/food truck thing they had going on.

What was the deal with the smell there? Lol. I was there for like 30mins and bounced.
They had a stinky tofu truck there. I read it won't be there this weekend.
LOL. I thought if i ate stinky tofu enough i might enjoy it but no...
Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1374161890' post='22673509
[quote name='XenonKiller99' timestamp='1373950934' post='22668259']

I actually go out a lot, especially drive pretty much everywhere on Fri, Sat, Sun. You just have to know where to park and what to look for in parking lots. I never park in 'compact' spots, and where the parking slot width are narrow. I tend to park next shopping cart stations and align my car to the cart station rails as close as possible so the opposite side will be away from doors that swing wide open. Most of my parking are parallel parking since I would rather get front and bumper scratches than side door/dent dings. I haven't had any problem with anyone hitting front or rear of my car the past years yet while on parallel parking. The worst parking is at Ranch 99 Market in Daly City since I've had 3 hit and run incidents and was able to witness it. Target in Colma is pretty bad too but I park faaaaaaaar away, more on the bed and furniture side and/or Sizzler where there's no cars around. At Tanforan Century Theater, I park upstairs where the entrance to the theather is(level 2 or 3 I forget). I tend to look for parking near the walls where I can just park one side of my car as far as possible to avoid doors swinging open but within the marked white lane. I tend to bring my Acura TL instead at the theaters mostly but still never had a ding yet.
[/quote]

i was j/k about you not getting out that often. lol i'm sure you're careful. i've always been extremely careful &... err, "picky" about where i drive and park all my cars and don't like any of my cars getting messed up. i won't even park my beater or rentals in bad spots. makes me sad when i even see other people's rides dinged, dented, or scratched.

Quick Reply: Norcal Sightings Thread