California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

NOR-CAL TO BECOME LIKE SO-CAL

Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rhayward,Feb 1 2007, 01:24 PM
actually this thread is in some way on response to a thread i saw down there claiming how the scene down there is on another level....so we need to get the engine turning...

I MUST SAY THIS NOT A SOUTH V.S. NORTH TYPE CONFILCT WE LOVE OUR SOCAL BUDDIES AND FRIENDS.

now this is us trying to get recognized for what he have going on

i mean thats why most shops move down south and most mag ads have socal cars
one of the reasons i modded my car was talk the talk and walk the walk. on how things were in s2ki in the past...all i heard is things are better now period! ! and nicer
so we continue
more power to you on your quest and passion to get recognition but to make a statement that s2ki was worse and folks were a lot less nicer compared to how it is now and biased.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM

my arms are always welcome to you Ed...of course when you have time from your family..peace
you gotta come out again to the meet and see the good vibes
Old 02-01-2007, 02:44 PM

amen bryan

i always try to call you up to join the ruckuss..and its good timess when you drop the cough syrup and come out
Old 02-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by hyperpm,Feb 1 2007, 02:42 PM
more power to you on your quest and passion to get recognition but to make a statement that s2ki was worse and folks were a lot less nicer compared to how it is now and biased.
I think Rich did a good job of qualifying his statements. . . ("he heard"). Conjecture is ugly, but it happens. . .

Thankfully, you (Ed), Joon, Chris, and Charles made me feel welcomed, but I often got the feeling that there was considerable dissent . . . About the time I was coming into the group there was a considerable amount of what seemed to be anger and resentment (for reasons that are still beyond me).

The thing about that anger and resentment, was that it was propogated by a few individuals. . . once again, over things that I (as a nOOb at the time) had no clue about. I knew it was a few folks talking , but that's all it takes for the to spread. I kinda saw threw it, but it made a lot of folks (both newer and older members) shy away from participating. Fish N' Chips was "never as big as last year." Things were always "cooler last time." There wasn't a generally positive vibe.

I also suspect that this is just the natural order of things. People grow up; and our priorities change. I suspect that some folks handled that core group's change better than others.

That said, there's a newer core group that honest-to-my-momma doesn't remember all the naysayers and complainers. The vibe is really good; people are taking initiative, and some great events have happend and continue to happen.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how come rich isnt a community organizer? he seems really involved in organizing events for Bay Area S2ki
Old 02-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always thought a community organizer's job was to keep p0rn out of the threads, but rich might be nice and let stuff slide, even spice things up a bit
Old 02-01-2007, 03:52 PM

oh don't you wanna hear "SHAKE & BAKE"
Old 02-01-2007, 03:52 PM

YES "THAT JUST HAPPENED"
Old 02-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think socal will always be better than norcal. because the industry is based down there. shops and manufactures are located down there. some people dont need to go to a shop to buy stuff. if you know the right people. you just go to the main wherehouse.

you look at shops like bulletproof, evasive, jhpusa. pm-distributing. all the shops and wherehouses are located in socal. its who you know also. not what you know. for our shops up here. its pretty weak.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pacing and life in Nor Cal is much slower then that of Sol Cal. Also the poplulation is much larger in Sol Cal then Nor Cal which reflects in the way the car culture is, slightly slower paced and not as happening. So, I believe that the quantity of fixed up cars will not get to the level of Sol Cal. Its a simple mathematics kind of thing.

That said, I think what we have is very special culture of people that are tight knit and basically have fun together. We don't need to change a thing!

Quick Reply: NOR-CAL TO BECOME LIKE SO-CAL