California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

no S2k for at least another year :(

Old 04-04-2002, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no S2k for at least another year :(

looks like i won't be able to get an S2k for another year... maybe even 2? (eek) parents don't want another car parked at the house.. we already have too many cars i guess. so i'm sticking with my EG6 until someone gets rid of a car or i graduate.. whatta bummer.. i was really looking forward to cruising with you guys this summer.. guess by the time i get an S2k, you guys will be chatting bout 100k mile service checks and what not

i'm pretty sad
Old 04-04-2002, 09:04 AM
SaV

No offence, but if you really want one go get a full-time job. I'm assuming that you still live with your parents, so rent would be free (except for the occassional garbage days ); therefore, drop out from school, get a job, and you'll probably be able to afford the monthly payments (factoring in you got mad skillz to land good pay . . .then again, your insurance and interest will probably put you on your a$$). Hmmm. . . .cost-benefit analysis . . . sacrifice school for S2K? Then again, school will lead to bigger pay. Latez!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:21 AM

big no no... why sacrifice school to get a full-time job when you can do both?
it's not worth droppin' outta skoo for a fun toy if you look at it in the long run... IMO, stay in skoo and you'll be able to own more toys later.

hehe, what makes you think you can't come cruising with us during summer? it's a 2-seater!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by S2SaV
No offence, but if you really want one go get a full-time job.
I totally agree with this sentence.

You should be happy that your parents got you a car, any car!

This is America. You can get anything you want, as long as you earn it!

As you will come to realize, life won't be given to you on a silver platter.

It sickens me when I hear rich kids bellyache about not getting what they want.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:39 AM
Former Moderator

bill gates dropped out of school.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:12 AM
Banned

Definitely DO NOT quit school. School is how you find great jobs. I plan to go to college at least 4 yrs and at least 2 yrs in university. I plan to be a graphic arts artist to make movies in Hollywood and make videogames for Playstation, maybe Metal Gear Solid 3, if it's possible. I also plan to be a tactical manuever driving instructor in Hollywood for normal civilians, bodyguards needing to drive in special situations for a getaway, police officers, even you probably. I just have to wait for a decade until these things come true since I'm still in high school.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:12 PM

It's your choice whether you'd want to drop out of school. I'm still in school and working hard at it at full time and working full time because I know how much my s2k is worth. So I went ahead and did it! I'm finally a proud owner for about 2 weeks. I have the vin in my car but I'm too lazy to get it from the garage.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maveric
[B]

I totally agree with this sentence.

You should be happy that your parents got you a car, any car!

This is America.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:21 PM

Sounds to me like you're more on the ball than a lot of "adults" I know. Keep it up! And don't worry, that S2000 will be just that much more special when you finally get it.

Old 04-04-2002, 05:07 PM
SaV

[QUOTE]Who said my parents bought me a car? At 16, I paid for a brand new 1998 Honda Prelude on my own. I paid it in full and still have it. My brother loves the car so I passed it onto him 1 year after he got his license. It was not a matter of it being an old car (only 24k miles when my bro took it over); he enjoyed riding in the car before and he enjoyed helping me around the garage. I passed it onto him knowing that he would take care of it as if it were his own $24,000 investment. I purchased a 1992 Civic Si as a daily driver and performed 2 hybrid swaps on it. It runs like a charm now. The only reason I said my parents weren't up to having another car is because we already have 5 cars. I would have to park it on the street.

Quick Reply: no S2k for at least another year :(