California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group
View Poll Results: what would be the next advisable upgrade?
stoptech sport brake kit with powerslot rotors
30.00%
cat back exhaust
70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

next upgrade

Old 08-29-2012, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next upgrade

well, i am thinking about my next mod. cant decide if i want to go with the stoptech brakes or cat back exhaust. the car does have over 106k miles and i think it is about time to replace one of the two. another question is, if you think i should go with exhaust, what would you recommend? i have read that invidia does have drone. i was looking at the greddy one as well but still cant decide. inputs will be greatly appreciated. the brakes arent the bbk, btw.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a mugen exhaust for sale.
0 drone. Nice sound!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhaust
Old 08-29-2012, 02:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Supercharger
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM

i would spend the money on couple track day lessons with an instructor.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:03 PM

im looking at around $600 for my budget. also the supercharger is another one that i will be doing in the future. just have to raise the funds for the sc next time.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You just started doing track days, right? Were you at the Bob's Donuts event at Laguna the beginning of July? Are you planning on tracking your car more? If I were in your shoes I'd put the money to more track time.

If you are going to do more track events and keep getting faster and harder on your brakes, then upgrading your brakes sooner could save you more money in the long run. That being said I would probably not get that StopTech kit. You can get those rotors other places and probably cheaper, I'm not sure about StopTech brand pads, I would look for something more tried and true, and you don't need the lines. For a little more money, you can get a nice set of two-piece rotors that will last a lot longer than stock or the power slot ones in the kit and you will get more life out of your pads since they will be at a cooler temp on the track. The money that you save here could pay for the exhaust down the road.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 PM

If youre tracking & trying to improve on pace, I think the brakes are a better option for you. With the amount of miles you have, new brake lines would be a nice upgrade + pads/rotors & brake fluid.

I must say though that an exhaust is fun, but at $600 budget Im not sure you can find a large selection to choose from.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by odb812
You just started doing track days, right? Were you at the Bob's Donuts event at Laguna the beginning of July? Are you planning on tracking your car more? If I were in your shoes I'd put the money to more track time.

If you are going to do more track events and keep getting faster and harder on your brakes, then upgrading your brakes sooner could save you more money in the long run. That being said I would probably not get that StopTech kit. You can get those rotors other places and probably cheaper, I'm not sure about StopTech brand pads, I would look for something more tried and true, and you don't need the lines. For a little more money, you can get a nice set of two-piece rotors that will last a lot longer than stock or the power slot ones in the kit and you will get more life out of your pads since they will be at a cooler temp on the track. The money that you save here could pay for the exhaust down the road.
i was at the grip drift skid event earlier this month. what pads would you recommend to go with the rotors?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by slightly2ned
If youre tracking & trying to improve on pace, I think the brakes are a better option for you. With the amount of miles you have, new brake lines would be a nice upgrade + pads/rotors & brake fluid.

I must say though that an exhaust is fun, but at $600 budget Im not sure you can find a large selection to choose from.
i did see the greddy rs system around that price. just not sure about the drone on that as well.

Quick Reply: next upgrade