California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

New to SF

Old 08-13-2014, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by handsumkrn
Originally Posted by tbkonwso' timestamp='1407972382' post='23285963
which company do you plan to work for afterward?
The clinical portion of my program is with South San Francisco Kaiser so if they have a position after my program I will most likely work for them.
You should definitely hit the guys up when they meet at Philz in south city, that was my first meet last week.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
And I would say from my experience getting to the Milpitas meet at 930pm is too early and you will be the only one there. This is based on a large sample size across a time frame of three years. Given that you will be in SF, I presume, it would be good to link up with the SF crowd to caravan down. If you like to DRIVE your car, as opposed to sitting in parking lots staring at big brake kits that will never ever be used to their potential, take a trip to the Santa Cruz mountains for the best twisty roads on earth.
Amen, the mountain roads are awesome around here. Since you're in the city, you should head over the Golden Gate and drive up in the Marin headlands for some fantastic views of the bay. Highway 1 up and down the coast is amazing.
There are a few of us here in Marin. Myself and Khac are in San Rafael. And we agree that we have the most amazing roads anywhere, and very little traffic! Give a heads up if you come this way for a drive and want some company (I drive more for the fresh air and scenery though).

I'm a faculty member in the Biology department at Dominican University - we have a CLS program here as well.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik
Originally Posted by Sylvan' timestamp='1407979143' post='23286087
Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
And I would say from my experience getting to the Milpitas meet at 930pm is too early and you will be the only one there. This is based on a large sample size across a time frame of three years. Given that you will be in SF, I presume, it would be good to link up with the SF crowd to caravan down. If you like to DRIVE your car, as opposed to sitting in parking lots staring at big brake kits that will never ever be used to their potential, take a trip to the Santa Cruz mountains for the best twisty roads on earth.
Amen, the mountain roads are awesome around here. Since you're in the city, you should head over the Golden Gate and drive up in the Marin headlands for some fantastic views of the bay. Highway 1 up and down the coast is amazing.
There are a few of us here in Marin. Myself and Khac are in San Rafael. And we agree that we have the most amazing roads anywhere, and very little traffic! Give a heads up if you come this way for a drive and want some company (I drive more for the fresh air and scenery though).

I'm a faculty member in the Biology department at Dominican University - we have a CLS program here as well.
Thats great! Fortunately I was able to get into the SFSU program and already have a clinical site that I will be doing my rotation, but thanks for the heads up as I did not know about the CLS program at Dominican University. Also, yesterday I drove along hwy 1 and it was very nice!!! I went from SFSU down past half moon bay/san mateo. If you check out my facebook you can see some pics i took with my phone

https://www.facebook.com/eson3989
Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

welcome to the Bay Area. i was born & raised in SF, but i really enjoy living in LA. just got back from a short trip there, and it reminded me how much i miss it. be careful w/SFSU cops. like most campus police, they are always on the prowl.