California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

New to SF

Old 08-12-2014, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I hope to make it out to the meets! I actually wasn't sure about how strict Norcal cops were in terms of modification so I put my car to "legal" standards before coming up, but soon realized there are a ton of modified cars here haha! I am going to SFSU for the Clinical Lab Scientist program! (for the person who asked)
Old 08-12-2014, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
Welcome. SSM here too . Name is Vue-Hao

Your car is super clean if that pic is a pic of your car!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by darkfalcon
Welcome! Come to the meets either in Milpitas or South San Francisco.
Hello,

Is there usually a set date/time for the meetup?
Old 08-12-2014, 11:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by handsumkrn
Hello,

Is there usually a set date/time for the meetup?
for milpitas, every friday at 9:30/10PM
Old 08-13-2014, 08:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

And I would say from my experience getting to the Milpitas meet at 930pm is too early and you will be the only one there. This is based on a large sample size across a time frame of three years.

Given that you will be in SF, I presume, it would be good to link up with the SF crowd to caravan down.

If you like to DRIVE your car, as opposed to sitting in parking lots staring at big brake kits that will never ever be used to their potential, take a trip to the Santa Cruz mountains for the best twisty roads on earth.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
And I would say from my experience getting to the Milpitas meet at 930pm is too early and you will be the only one there. This is based on a large sample size across a time frame of three years.

Given that you will be in SF, I presume, it would be good to link up with the SF crowd to caravan down.

If you like to DRIVE your car, as opposed to sitting in parking lots staring at big brake kits that will never ever be used to their potential, take a trip to the Santa Cruz mountains for the best twisty roads on earth.
This.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by handsumkrn
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I hope to make it out to the meets! I actually wasn't sure about how strict Norcal cops were in terms of modification so I put my car to "legal" standards before coming up, but soon realized there are a ton of modified cars here haha! I am going to SFSU for the Clinical Lab Scientist program! (for the person who asked)
cool, just make sure you have your front plates if you plan on living or parking in SF city. They ticket for that more than another other place to justify all the camera equipment they invested in.

other silly things
-the buses are watching you, they have camera mounted that read plates and give tickets our if they see u parked illegally.. ect
Old 08-13-2014, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which company do you plan to work for afterward?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
And I would say from my experience getting to the Milpitas meet at 930pm is too early and you will be the only one there. This is based on a large sample size across a time frame of three years. Given that you will be in SF, I presume, it would be good to link up with the SF crowd to caravan down. If you like to DRIVE your car, as opposed to sitting in parking lots staring at big brake kits that will never ever be used to their potential, take a trip to the Santa Cruz mountains for the best twisty roads on earth.
Amen, the mountain roads are awesome around here. Since you're in the city, you should head over the Golden Gate and drive up in the Marin headlands for some fantastic views of the bay. Highway 1 up and down the coast is amazing.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by tbkonwso
which company do you plan to work for afterward?
The clinical portion of my program is with South San Francisco Kaiser so if they have a position after my program I will most likely work for them.

Quick Reply: New to SF