California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

New bay area member~

Old 11-06-2011, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New bay area member~

Hey guys my name's Mike, I'm 24 and new to the area. I'm currently living in Santa Clara. Moved here a little over a month ago from Missouri (big change!). I really love it out here and I'm a huge s2k fan. I would definitely say out of all the cars I've owned the s2k has always been my favorite. I lived in Socal before I moved to Missouri and now that I've finished school I wanted to return to the west coast asap! Driving the s2k in the midwest wasn't practical all the time; the roads were terrible for low cars, the winter season made it virtually impossible to take the car out at times, and to be honest there were not a lot of s2k enthusiasts out there. When I first moved to the area I picked up an Integra to drive as it seemed practical for my daily commutes, but last week it was rear ended and the car was totaled I'm slowly parting the car out but I took this as a sign to get back into my favorite car asap! Being a new guy here I literally don't know anyone lol, so looking forward to meeting the local s2k owners. So far I've attended the spirit of japantown event in san jose and I attended the weksos meet in santa cruz, but it was kinda lame going by myself haha.

My recent Integra:

Old 02' Suzuka:

My current 05' and 100% stock so I'm pretty excited. I drove up Shannon and Hicks road yesterday near Los Gatos and took this picture at the top of the hill:
Old 11-06-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attending yourself is okay, many people do it so no worries, gotta make friends so you wont get bored tho lol
welcome to the area, beautiful white!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

YOU DROVE HICKS WITH THE S??? YOU CRAZY! lol. so bumpy up there... I felt like i was going to fly off in my 6th gen accord. But welcome to the bay.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:58 AM

I didn't mind too much attending those alone, but it was kinda boring talking to myself LOL. Met some nice people but none really local to me.

Thanks guys, yeah I was complaining the whole time to my passenger who showed me the road how bumpy it was lol, I honestly will probably never drive there again. Hopefully as I become more familiar with the area I'll find better locations for driving.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Welcome. .
There's a lot better roads around here.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:29 AM

welcome. We have an auto x event next sunday. Its alot of fun and would give you a good chance to spend the day with a few of us members.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Offtrack
welcome. We have an auto x event next sunday. Its alot of fun and would give you a good chance to spend the day with a few of us members.

That sounds great, whats the location and time?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:47 AM

welcome to the boards

loving the integra, anymore pics? i use to own one as well
Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Zee showed me pics of this mishap a few days ago... congrats on the new pickup. Saw your teg at Weaksauce in SC
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Welcome! Great group of people on this forum. There is a Friday night s2ki meet in Milpitas that the regulars come out to. Wish I could make it out more often to hang out with them.

Quick Reply: New bay area member~