California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

New To Area

Old 01-11-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Area

Whats up guys, I moved down here a couple months ago for work, I know a few people in the area and work all over the bay so I live in the Marina area of Richmond. I bought an 02 s2000 with 34k on it before I came down and some uninsured dipshit rear ended me on the 80 like 2 weeks later and took off, just needed a new bumper and exhuast, no biggie. However this started a cascade of shit culminating in me switching insurance to Wawanesa (which has great rates btw but you have to be a good driver) and having to pay sales tax because I moved here within a year of buying the vehicle...so anyways long story short the man took all my cheddar and I now rebuilding my finances. I have spent 7grand in cash since getting here 2 months ago on nothing but fees, taxes and moving costs (I know its not a ton of money to some people but I am 2 yrs out of school and therefor still relatively broke)

I am 25, have a degree in Poli Sci from the University of Oregon and do sales and project management for a large commercial painting firm. Great job, long hours though. Anyways I feel like I'm writing a personal or something so on to the car. I have a shitty idle, I have ziptied as well as whacked and just unplugged and plugged back in the MAP sensor, but it doesn't seem to have helped. I know there are a couple other cheap tricks to see if I can get it to go away just haven't had the time. And I also have the rear end clunk at low speeds or in reverse that alot of these seem to have, this one concerns me more because I don't want to break expensive things, I have been driving the car for a month and a half with the clunk, its not getting any worse, is this ok to drive on? Any advice? I am going to try and come to a few meets soon. Let me know! Thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 08:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

try PMing Joey (ItS2Krazy) and see if he can help you out. try to make it out to one of the tech nights at the shop. here is the thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...=423067&st=1750
Old 01-11-2009, 08:52 PM

+1 for Joey's shop.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome! =D
Old 01-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Thanks guys! I will send him a PM as today the car started bogging down when starting out and a little in the low end of 2nd gear, but it runs perfectly fine and VTEC engages fine so I am confused. I went out and hit the MAP again and am going to drive to the store to get some TB cleaner I guess, this car is my DD and I absolutely need it working, I haven't actually cleaned a TB before do I just unhook the intake pipe and spray away?? Any advice is greatly appreciated fellas. Thanks. Oh and by the way I saw a really nice black s2k on San Pablo Ave, may have had a hardtop, definitely had some polished or chrome rims BBS like rims, but just saw it at a glance, anyone on the boards?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Well I PM'd Joey and he got back to me the same day which was really cool considering I'm sure he gets a ton of noob questions from people like me. He said it sounded like a MAP issue so I went out and hit that little bastard one last time with a heavy pair of pliers and a little less caution and sure enough the car ran a ton better. So now it seems only rear end clunk to go and the car will be like new (or what I would assume new drives like ). So yet another +1 for Joey and a sigh of relief from me!