California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Need some help from suspension Guru

Old 04-20-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some help from suspension Guru

Hi you guys, i need some help setting up the suspension on my drag car.. its a 94 supra, i have megan coilover on the car, they are installed on the car, but i have no idea how to adjust the preload and the ride height. my front tires scrapes against the inner fender when there is a bump sometimes on the freeway. the fenders are already rolled and pulled a little. i tried adjusting the damper to stiff in the front still no help. also need to learn how to raise the car up lol...cause i cant seem to fit my hoosier slicks in the rear without adjust the car higher. anyone coilover guys want to give some input?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you posted on a local supra forum?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
i dont think supraforum guys know suspension. i think the s2k crowd is more suspension oriented.

on supraforum they just talk about how much hp lol...
Old 04-20-2012, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbkonwso
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1334970389' post='21628759
i dont think supraforum guys know suspension. i think the s2k crowd is more suspension oriented.

on supraforum they just talk about how much hp lol...
So how much HP are you running?................Lol sorry I had to ask!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 PM

Close to 700 on mustang dyno through a auto. Looking on Megan's site found some instruction. Set my preload adjust the height is a pain in the ass.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:45 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's incredible 700hp!!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming you have a set of coilovers that has height adjustment via a threaded lower mount, also that your instruction manual contains recommended preload adjustments. I am also assuming your tire combination and selection can't be changed due to the power you're putting out.

You should probably just take the coilovers off of the car, measure and adjust the spring perch to the recommended level/range in the Megan instruction manual, and then reinstall. Make your adjustments then by rotating the entire top assembly up or down in the threaded lower mount. If you can't stop the tires from hitting your fenders at any height adjustment you need to do one of 3 things:

- Stiffer springs (may mean entirely new coilovers)
- Higher offset wheels (may not be possible, depends on inner wheel well clearance)
- More fender work, more aggressive flare, which probably means a fair amount of body work.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPAJ7egwweM
Old 04-21-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by danvuquoc
I'm assuming you have a set of coilovers that has height adjustment via a threaded lower mount, also that your instruction manual contains recommended preload adjustments. I am also assuming your tire combination and selection can't be changed due to the power you're putting out.

You should probably just take the coilovers off of the car, measure and adjust the spring perch to the recommended level/range in the Megan instruction manual, and then reinstall. Make your adjustments then by rotating the entire top assembly up or down in the threaded lower mount. If you can't stop the tires from hitting your fenders at any height adjustment you need to do one of 3 things:

- Stiffer springs (may mean entirely new coilovers)
- Higher offset wheels (may not be possible, depends on inner wheel well clearance)
- More fender work, more aggressive flare, which probably means a fair amount of body work.

im really trying to stay away from removing the coilover off the car =\... i didn't read the manual and just installed the coil over without any adjustment to the preload =\, i was able to adjust the height yesterday wish i could still adjust the preload without removing the coilover =\. still rubbing and i have 2 inch gap in the front wheels already wtf... this sucks
Old 04-21-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
That's incredible 700hp!!
pretty easy to make 700, the cost of a s2000 nice exhaust + intake + header + test pipe + 1 set of volk wheel = 700hp on a supra. but its not as fun as the s2k obviously.

Quick Reply: Need some help from suspension Guru