California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Need info on transporting car across country

Old 06-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used http://www.angelstransport.com/home.html when I had my RL shipped from NYC to here. They were really good about everything. Door to door service.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kennmark,Jun 12 2007, 10:34 PM
open or enclosed truck? did you happen to get a price quote for enclosed?

thanks for the inputs... i will do some phonecalls tomorrow.
I didn't get a quote for enclosed...

however they're realllllly anal about all the little knicks/dings/anything on the car... and you walk around with them as they fill it out, so you can make sure everything is straight.

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

It's dependable auto... i was wrong
Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by thejohnremus,Jun 12 2007, 10:18 PM
I didn't get a quote for enclosed...

however they're realllllly anal about all the little knicks/dings/anything on the car... and you walk around with them as they fill it out, so you can make sure everything is straight.
thanks..

oh yeah? well the problem is, i wont see it before it gets transported... it will be coming from chicago and im here. , im thinking of just picking it up HAHAHA.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 PM

i forgot what company i used cause it was 5 years ago but as far as pricing i paid just about $1k for closed carrier from georgia to here in the bay. for some reason i think the word "golden" was in the auto shippers company name

they had a sheet filled out when they had picked it up and they really do mark down every scratch/knick etc.. when i saw the sheet before the car i got freaked out i got ripped off cause of how many markings they made.. but the car was fine.

to me the closed carrier was worth it going 3500 miles and who knows if my car would be loaded on the back or the very front.. if it was on the back it would constantly have to be loaded & unloaded every stop they make. if it was up top in front it would be better, but still rocks etc might mess it up.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:24 PM

type ahhhhh?

Champ tyte, I mean champ white ftw
Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Ken you know I was originally from chicago right before my company relocated me here....you only had to ask!

The first time I had my audi s4 shipped from Chicago to Santa Clara I used Horseless Carriage which is ONE OF THE BEST companies out there since they only take 4-5 cars on each trip each one houses in it's own platform. The entire rear of the trailer swings flat down and then drops like an elevator so no matter how low your car is it won's scratch. Of course it's a bit more money but at the time I didn't care since my company paid! Cost was $1350 for door to door.

*Keep in mind shipping cars is a seasonal business so the exact same route will have different pricing depending on time of year as the weather gets warm/cold, etc....

When I bought my last few cars it was also shipped from the east coast including Virginia and Arkansas. I used DAS both times and they are also a fully enclosed transport company. I had one car shipped door to door which is more money and the 2nd car was shipped port to port (ending port is here in San Lorenzo). It's a bit cheaper as John mentioned since you have to go get the car yourself.

I would get the insurance just so that in case something happens you don't have to deal with your own insurance company. Also if it's going cross country make sure it's enclosed since I've heard cases of buddies cars getting hail damage when the semi encounted that type of storm while crossing the US....

If you need more info or contact number, pm me.

rick

Old 06-13-2007, 08:13 AM

thanks rick.... hey. have you seen Mike's 993 911 yet?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kennmark,Jun 13 2007, 08:13 AM
thanks rick.... hey. have you seen Mike's 993 911 yet?
Ken no I have not seen mike / tran since they had their baby.....! Wow another Pcar convert eh? hehe

My Pcar will be here in November so can't wait to join the family

btw my roomie was asking if you still had hookups to get an Audi S4 chipped - he wants to do either APR or GIAC, any hookups or recommendations on where to go?

thanks
rick
Old 06-13-2007, 08:34 AM

no not a vert, silver 911 4S.

i heared Garrett(GIAC) has a new chip, just go to Dick at DSR he can do that right away since he's the GIAC dealer. I would go with GIAC X-chip than APR... thats just me coz i know Garrett. hehe
Old 06-16-2007, 06:22 PM

thanks for all the suggestions guys... i appreciated it!!. i just figured that i dont want to deal with out of state purchase.... picked up a local car instead from monterey dealer.

new one added to the stable... 2004 C32 AMG in Mercedes Racing Silver! (brillint silver).

pics to come later, well it's still stock

Quick Reply: Need info on transporting car across country