California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

need help with installing eibach springs

Old 04-21-2006, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with installing eibach springs

well i'm going try to attempt to install my eibach springs this saturday. Just have a few questions. What do people mean when they say,did you load the suspension? are you suppose to torque everything when the car is on the ground? some people say you can jack the lower control arm up and then torque everything.There is nice write up on how to install springs that I found on this website that i'm going to use when I install my springs tomorrow, but do guys have any extra advice. any help would be appreciated. thanks

John
Old 04-21-2006, 06:08 PM

To preload the suspension:

Originally Posted by Kschmied,Feb 18 2006, 12:43 AM
with the car up on all four jackstands, and the suspension completley put together, but held "in" to the car only finger tight, take a floor jack and jack up the entire suspension and hub assembly ( from or by the castle nut below the rotor ) until that corner of the car rises BARLEY off the jack stand... torque every suspension bolt down to correct specs, then remove the jack.
It's a pretty easy install. Removing the rear sway bar makes it a lot easier to get to the bolts on top of the shocks. Also, try not to drop any bolts into the pit of doom when doing the rear driver's side (you'll see what i'm talking about), they're a bitch to get out (ask me how i know ). If anything, just ask.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:06 PM

taking everything off is easy as hell. just have someone step on the hub while you pull out the shock... ummm when you put it back on get an extra jack and jack up the arm its only to line up the holes to put the bolts back in. its still pretty hard to line it up with a jack but it takes forever to do it without one. you wont be able to reach everything if the cars on the ground so just do it with the wheel off in the air. BE CAREFUL OF THE BRAKE LINE!

all i can say is read what chrono said 20 times before you do it. hes not kidding i did the same thing took a while to take out hehe. its a easy install. get a pipe (cheater bar) for the bolts holding the shock in, there pretty hard if your cars been stock. and umm wd-40... the more you use the easier life will be.

and take your time to do it right the first time. ill pm your my number incase you run into any problems which i dont think you will. but better to know someones around to answer questions if you need them

me and superslow did my car in 23 mins =P good luck!