California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Need advise please (long)

Old 06-23-2001, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advise please (long)

OK first of all I really like my S2K, but... she is really starting to piss me off. The second, third and now an occasional forth gear grinding is back and the stupid noise when decelerating, this is becoming really old and really annoying, and frustrating. I have had the TSB's done. The first time Stevens Creek Honda screwed up the TSB's. I Then took it to Larry Hopkins where they seemed to have fixed the TSB's by replacing the clutch etc.

The problems are back, and seem more problematic. I noticed it the last couple of weeks, and the problems are getting worse. I don't want to sell it, I have allot of miles in a years time so I most likely will not get what I have put into it back, and enough to payoff the loan so that is not an option. Yes I have the extended warranty. But... This is beginning to sound like Honda can not fix what is wrong with the S2K and that we are paying a high price for this car and we have to sacrifice and live with the problems.

I feel if I am paying allot of money for a really nice car it should perform and function as any other really good quality performance automobile. Meaning Honda needs to fess up to their mistakes and if they can't fix the problems they need to do something to rectify the situation.

I don't want to pay for something I will not enjoy. I was looking forward to keeping the S2K for along time. It's beginning to look like I am stuck with a lemon, yes I have driven it, yes it has 39K on it (freeway miles) So what, it's their freaking flagship, I don't see the Accord, Passport and Civics
Old 06-24-2001, 09:11 AM

because this is a performance car, it is much more sensitive to parts being out of spec than on other cars and it is much more likely to get in an out of spec condition due to harsher conditions than your run of the mill civic or accord. With that in mind, many people feel honda should not have warranty'd this car to begin with.

but they did. and it's up to us to fight them to honor that warranty, sad to say. I believe the problem lays more with how customers are treated by the company than with the car itself. i did not get the extended warranty so when things start breaking again my solution is aftermarket replacements.

I don't doubt that you are having recurring problems. What's on the repair manifest from both steven's creek and larry hopkins? they had to repair much to correct damage done to my car due to a bad TSB repair, including the driveshaft. I'll see if i can dig up that info for you.
I grind occasionally but I think that's due to driver error as opposed to malfunctioning equipment. i find myself moving my leg faster than i throw the shifter in those cases. I wonder how often that will happen now that my diff is going to be brand new as well...

for the most part i have no problems w/ larry hopkins. they just have issues getting the right parts quickly, and as such they are now kissing my ass because of it.

i didn't know i could talk so much at 10am!!!
Old 06-24-2001, 05:16 PM

Thanks I will contact Larry Hopkins Honda Monday no later than Tuesday. If they agree to redo the grind and deceleration noise TSB again, I may have them install an after market clutch disk. (Mugen?) As long it's not the stock clutch. I know something is not right with the rear end, (differential) when I am parking and turning in a tight space at slow speeds, I hear a thump, bump sound.

Nothing rubs, and the HKS is on nice and tight. I love this car and I want to keep it. Hell I want to mod it now after seeing SilverSurfers and the others Comptech supercharger. I can live with some noises; I expect some in a vert, just not the differential and grinding problems.

Mot related but I just came from seeing The fast and the Furious, I liked the Veilside S2K.
Old 06-25-2001, 07:47 AM

Don't hesitate to take this up with American Honda. It often surprises me how many people have problems with their cars or a dealership, but never contact the manufacturer. Call the 800 customer service line and start complaining, that will get some action moving.

Andy
Old 06-25-2001, 09:43 AM

Norcal
Sorry to hear about your continued problems. HMC should obviouly provide a fix. Keep on them until they do. If you are in the city and a note or call from another owner would help, PM me and I'll meet you, listen to yuor car, and fire off an indignant letter.
Don

Josh,
You prolly know this, but you can still get an extended warranty, from Honda or an outside company.
Don
Old 06-25-2001, 10:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SFDukie
[B]Norcal
Sorry to hear about your continued problems.
Old 06-25-2001, 08:40 PM

norcal
Hope it doesn't come to this, but CA lemon law info @
coag.state.ca.us/piu/lemon.htm

be relentless!
Don
Old 06-26-2001, 04:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SFDukie
[B]norcal
Hope it doesn't come to this, but CA lemon law info @