California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Need advice on this s2000

Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks pretty legit. You get a boosted S with a new motor converted to a AP2 exterior. If you got the cash test drive it or pay to have it inspected in that area
Old 01-06-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gpwuster
you guys are funny! none of you answer OP's question except saying "oh, that looks familiar"....
since you contributed to the topic, you didn't answer it either
Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 AM

I actually spoke to the owner over the phone about the car and the entire car has been repainted. I think the original color was not GPW.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by SoREALemjay
Originally Posted by gpwuster' timestamp='1325867605' post='21291875
you guys are funny! none of you answer OP's question except saying "oh, that looks familiar"....
Well.. I would if I am the "driver" .. I am only the "owner" if you know what I mean. I don't know anything about the S or car for that matter
Old 01-06-2012, 01:36 PM

it all comes down to how much you know about cars, if you know what you are doing and getting yourself into then fine be it, but if you are on this site asking about this car then im assuming you know little about cars in general and would just stay away from this one since it is highly modified/you never know what can go wrong or why the owner is selling it. there are countless possibilities of problems such as the supercharger/motor isnt installed correctly or immature wear on any parts due to mis bad installs, list goes on. its much better to just start off with a stock like s2000 if you ask me
Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by gpwuster
Originally Posted by SoREALemjay' timestamp='1325873697' post='21292250
[quote name='gpwuster' timestamp='1325867605' post='21291875']
Well.. I would if I am the "driver" .. I am only the "owner" if you know what I mean. I don't know anything about the S or car for that matter
[/quote]

Coe-Own-uh wei-chi-wu
Old 01-06-2012, 03:29 PM

I agree 100% with chViETnk. So many parts could equal so many problems. Once you throw a supercharger in the mix you're practically doubling your chances of a major issue. Not saying this guy is selling a lemon but its very risky. It would be a different story if this was someone you knew. Then you'd at least get a full, honest history on the car. I would be more inclined to trust a seller on S2Ki, however.

You may as well buy yourself a good, clean stock (or very lightly modified) S2000 off a responsible person and fix it up yourself. May cost more but it will pay you back in knowledge and satisfaction.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM

I was thinking about getting it checked out at Blacktrax before I get it.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:48 AM

Here's my input... When I buy a car.. Perferbably I would get a stock to mild minor bolt ons... Such as if I want to install I/H/E on a stock car... I wouldn't mind buying one already done... However when it comes to heavy modifications I always calculate in my head if it is worth it..

Getting into forced induction... You should already becautious of the potential damages harm it does... My calculations are if at anypoint the car motor decides to take a shit due to boost... Can I get most of my Money back? Meaning if I were to part it out as is, or part it out when the motor is done... Will I completely lose out?

I myself do not like to buy already heavily modified cars unless it's a super good deal I can't pass up... It kills the fun of working on your own car.. And also I don't like the term of "nice car, wasn't that whoever whoevers car?" makes me feel like I didn't contribute to the rolling piece of art... And if I actually do buy a already done car... I will almost guarantee you that it will most likely be transformed to a different look... That's just me...

Now back to that car... The price of it seems pretty average... 2001 s2 has plastic top... But from the looks if it, if he kept all the receipts, it's mostly done rite... Price wise broken down I would calculate a stock 2001 ap1, then street cost of exterior mods, supercharger kit, suspension and so on... My calculations are it's about street value... Not a super duper excellent deal but not an absolute rip... Good luck on your decision.. Sad to see a clean s2 go but hopefully atleast it's being kept in the area..
Old 01-07-2012, 07:10 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

In 00 an 01 some honda dealers were selling sc kits installed by them. The car if lightly boosted will not see much reduction in life.

That said 18.5K is a lot for an 01 with 80K+. While I value mods I don't on the other hand. For 18.5K you should be able to buy an 06+ which will allow you to run a hondata setup. This is probably the most important thing to me on my next S purchase.

Quick Reply: Need advice on this s2000