California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

NCRC offers FREE track days to track enthusiasts!

Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fujin
Originally Posted by RedlinedITR' timestamp='1326157374' post='21301286
[quote name='Dan H' timestamp='1326064509' post='21297468']
What about if you're not too experienced with car track driving?

I've never had the chance to bring out my S for all these years I've owned one, but have done auto-x type courses a while back. However, I do have 5 motorcycle track days under my belt in the past year and half if that matters...
send me a PM when you get a chance.
I actually have the same question...I've driven laguna seca in my old car once but mostly 3 years of Auto x.
[/quote]

I'm interested too if there's flexibility in the experience department. I only have on beginner track day, a car control clinic and maybe around ten autocrosses so far but definitely wanting to get into track driving beginning this year.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright, to be clear the request is 3 track days minimum with a different group.

I'm pretty sure NCRC sees it the same between a vehicle and a motorcycle track day for experience, and I've had the opportunity to sit with both types of drivers for moving them up groups (as expected, the motorcycle guys are a bit more aware of their surroundings and keeping an eye out to point by other cars, setting up for a pass, etc. The purpose of requiring 3 track days is about awareness).

In most cases with recent motorcycle day experience at that particular track, such as yours (OP about the motorcycle track days), that works fine. As for Auto-X, and some track experience (less than 3 events recently) - I'll see if I can request some entries into Solo. This is to build long term clients with the group after all, and the target market may be wider than was originally thought. Nothing wrong with that You'll get to move up as you gain more experience and have other drivers to sit with in the other groups, or do lead-follow runs with other drivers/instructors to get familiar with the track!

I couldn't count how many lead follows and ride-alongs we do in a day at the track, and the improvement we see in drivers just within that one day! There's always plenty of helpful drivers in NCRC - we'll be happy to introduce them.

Aim for the Feb 11th day, many of us will be there!

Originally Posted by obsess2k'ed
Originally Posted by Fujin' timestamp='1326250955' post='21305178
[quote name='RedlinedITR' timestamp='1326157374' post='21301286']

I've never had the chance to bring out my S for all these years I've owned one, but have done auto-x type courses a while back. However, I do have 5 motorcycle track days under my belt in the past year and half if that matters...
I actually have the same question...I've driven laguna seca in my old car once but mostly 3 years of Auto x.
[/quote]

I'm interested too if there's flexibility in the experience department. I only have on beginner track day, a car control clinic and maybe around ten autocrosses so far but definitely wanting to get into track driving beginning this year.
[/quote]
Old 01-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedlinedITR
Alright, to be clear the request is 3 track days minimum with a different group.

I'm pretty sure NCRC sees it the same between a vehicle and a motorcycle track day for experience, and I've had the opportunity to sit with both types of drivers for moving them up groups (as expected, the motorcycle guys are a bit more aware of their surroundings and keeping an eye out to point by other cars, setting up for a pass, etc. The purpose of requiring 3 track days is about awareness).

In most cases with recent motorcycle day experience at that particular track, such as yours (OP about the motorcycle track days), that works fine. As for Auto-X, and some track experience (less than 3 events recently) - I'll see if I can request some entries into Solo. This is to build long term clients with the group after all, and the target market may be wider than was originally thought. Nothing wrong with that You'll get to move up as you gain more experience and have other drivers to sit with in the other groups, or do lead-follow runs with other drivers/instructors to get familiar with the track!

I couldn't count how many lead follows and ride-alongs we do in a day at the track, and the improvement we see in drivers just within that one day! There's always plenty of helpful drivers in NCRC - we'll be happy to introduce them.

Aim for the Feb 11th day, many of us will be there!

Originally Posted by obsess2k'ed' timestamp='1326317666' post='21307901
[quote name='Fujin' timestamp='1326250955' post='21305178']
[quote name='RedlinedITR' timestamp='1326157374' post='21301286']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sounds great!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fujin
Sounds great!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They accepted me cause I've only done socal events See you guys on Feb 11th.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by gen2gsr
nice!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by gen2gsr
Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 PM

And here I am without a rollbar...
Old 01-17-2012, 12:41 PM

You need a fookin rollbar? Damn! How about a hard top?

EDIT: Roll bar not needed if you can pass the broom stick test. Or at least thats how I read the rules.
Hard tops usually don't have the structural integrity need to pass inspection. So no go with hard top.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:05 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question... but wth is a broomstick test? lol

Quick Reply: NCRC offers FREE track days to track enthusiasts!