California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

NCRC Broomstick test

Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NCRC Broomstick test

Hey norcal track people, Im sure you ncrc people just got this email too but I thought i'd share to those who don't know about this. Im not sure how to feel about this because I already have a backyard special seat rail and im borderline passing the test but I guess this gives me one less excuse for not getting a real roll bar. Just passing along some info, this is the email I got from them:

Have NCRC help pay for your safety equipment!

Not only does NCRC provide its drivers with some of the most cost-effective track days, but today we’re making another industry-first move to demonstrate that safety continues to be our top priority. We will help pay for the upgrades necessary to pass the broomstick test in your convertible and be safer on the track. *

Here’s how it works:

1) Purchase and install your rollbar and/or seat lowering kit.

2) Send us your receipts for parts and labor (must be dated after May 10, 2010).

3) We’ll discount every event you attend with us by $50 for the next two years, or until we’ve paid half of the upgrade cost.

Recently we’ve seen a fair bit of “fudging” from drivers on the broomstick test, which up to now has been self-administered. As of the June 25 Thunderhill event, we’ll be checking convertibles with the broomstick at every event, and drivers that do not pass the test will not be allowed on the track. No refunds will be given for failure to pass the broomstick test.

Please contact us at dave@ncracing.org before purchasing any equipment under this program. For more information about NCRC’s rules relating to convertibles, see this link: http://www.ncracing.org/rules.php#convertible

* NCRC will pay up to $500 toward equipment and installation costs. Offer is open to any convertible car which does not pass the broomstick test.

2010 NCRC Schedule

June 5-6 Sat-Sun, Buttonwillow
June 25 Friday, Thunderhill
Sept 3 Friday, Thunderhill
Sept 6 Monday, Laguna Seca

Oct 22 Friday, Thunderhill
Nov 1 Monday, Laguna Seca
Nov 20-21 Sat-Sun, Buttonwillow
Nov 27 Saturday, Laguna Seca
Old 05-12-2010, 08:45 PM

I'm trying to figuRE out if BYS rail will get me low enough to pass the test. You say you are borderline with the BYS rail. How tall are you?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Repost!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 PM

im about 5'10" maybe 1/2 inch taller but I can pass if I play with the seat settings but barely but its very uncomfortable to drive like this. So far no one has hassled me it seems like they will start. Maybe its my helmet? Im using a moto helmet, not sure if thats different than a car helmet but you're welcome to check out the seat rail. Just shoot me a PM if you want to check it out, im near the Great Mall
Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,May 12 2010, 10:32 PM
Repost!
There is a reason i've been on s2ki for 4+ years and only have a handful of posts. Im keeping my mouth shut again
Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PeeMP,May 12 2010, 11:33 PM
im about 5'10" maybe 1/2 inch taller but I can pass if I play with the seat settings but barely but its very uncomfortable to drive like this. So far no one has hassled me it seems like they will start. Maybe its my helmet? Im using a moto helmet, not sure if thats different than a car helmet but you're welcome to check out the seat rail. Just shoot me a PM if you want to check it out, im near the Great Mall
Me 2
I've been thinking about getting the BYS seat rail as well. Maybe we can all meet at the same time?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PeeMP,May 12 2010, 11:35 PM
There is a reason i've been on s2ki for 4+ years and only have a handful of posts. Im keeping my mouth shut again
It was even posted in one of the threads you are subscribed to. If me posting "repost" bothers you that much...
Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by PeeMP,May 12 2010, 10:33 PM
I'm 5'8" so maybe this will be enough to get me under the "stick".

Mac, I get back from my trip on Wednesday, the 19th. It would be great if we could all meet up next week. I'm hoping to have a solution in place for the next T. Hill/NCRC event so I don't have to worry about getting hastled.

PeeMP, will you be around Thursday or Friday next week? I appreciate the offer to let me/us test fit your set up.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^ I'll be back on the 19th as well
Hope we can meet sometime
Old 05-12-2010, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,May 12 2010, 11:11 PM
It was even posted in one of the threads you are subscribed to. If me posting "repost" bothers you that much...
lol I didn't even know i was subscribed to anything... Not even sure how I did that ahhaa

Quick Reply: NCRC Broomstick test