California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

my s2k is wrecked

Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will be totalled FOR SURE. dont worry you ll get your money and in the mean time, feel free to get a rental and other parties insure is gonna reimburse you
Old 10-03-2010, 01:48 PM

Basically if you think you can get more money by selling the damaged car and taking the repair check from the insurance, doooo it.

Otherwise if you don't want to go through the hassle of that, just take the check for the whole car. Your car was stock anyways, you won't be losing too much.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the advice guys, i'll have to wait until monday to go to CHP and request for the other guy's insurance information. then i can move on from there.

(i was too screwed up to do anything at the scene, my head was pretty woozy at the moment , i couldn't even get his insurance information. )
=]
Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Aww one less s2k I'll see at ccsf lol jk. Hope everything goes good bro! what are you planning to get next?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:45 PM

well, i'm not sure yet, if the insurance pays me enough, i will probably go with another s2k, but they don't, then i might have to downgrade my ride =[
Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 AM

The insurance company's job is to make money. Sure they want their customer to be satisfied but they want you to be satisfied as cheaply as possible. LOL. The best business outcome for them is to stick it to you and have you still walk away with a smile.

You may want to be cautious about signing anything from the insurance company until getting well-informed, especially since you were hospitalized. You want to make sure your hospital bills will be covered but also be sure that there aren't other injuries that haven't come to the surface yet.

My brother has neck pain from an accident from several years ago. I think he just didn't notice it until it was too late. It only hurts when he turns his head pretty far in one direction. After you take payment and sign the release forms, their obligation is over so be careful.

If you aren't shy to talk on the radio, you could always call Len Tillem for some free legal advice. I've heard him answer this question several times and he has some good tips on how to negotiate with your insurance company to get what you're entitled to. But I wouldn't want to try to summarize because I've never been through it myself, fortunately for me.

You pay the insurance company your hard-earned money every month to protect yourself against this unfortunate event you went through, so you deserve to be compensated well enough to be made whole again. Sorry to hear about the accident but glad you weren't seriously injured. Good luck and if you get rid of the car, I hope you get another S2k.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 AM

Hi Ace,
I am going through basically the same situation. Someone decided i didn't need the front end of my baby so they decided to smash into me from the side and tear it off. I actually opted for the do-it-yourself route. if you search around craigslist you'll find more than enough parts to put it back together and possible someone to do the labor relatively inexpensive as well. I got fenders, front bumper, headlight, a wheel, subframe, both right and left knuckles hubs and suspension for a little under $1k and a guy to set the frame back and paint for another 1k. it may take a little longer but its definantly worth it in the long run.

hope this helps,
-Dan
Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by ace47,Oct 3 2010, 11:45 PM
well, i'm not sure yet, if the insurance pays me enough, i will probably go with another s2k, but they don't, then i might have to downgrade my ride =[
if the insurance company calls you and says for example, we wll give you 11K for your car. it doesnt mean that it is limited to 11K. you can always dispute that and try to get more if you talk to them confidently!! say them that your rides worth more, try to find the most expensive ( same year and close milage cars arround this area ) s2k advertisements and tell them that the money that they r giving is not enough to buy 1. so easy. i was offered 33K for my bimmer then when i said its too less 2 days later he caleed me back and said ohh im sorry, we missed some of theoptions so here is your 38+tax
Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 PM

with my experience... if you want the most out of insurance, find ads at dealership online that's close to what your car have (year, miles), make sure you find the highest quotes/ads then you could talk to the other party's insurance about giving you that amount. Then, request for pain and suffering compensation + rental + time off work +etc... You could milk the insurance company for way more than their first offer. Hopefully this helps out a little...
Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I used to be an injury adjuster for several different insurance companies....the last company I worked for was very shady when it came to settling 3rd party injury claims such as this.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the process. I've seen it all and would hate to see a fellow s2ki member get screwed.

Quick Reply: my s2k is wrecked