California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

My other car was damaged and need help

Old 11-10-2011, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the top of the door frame that is bent out a few millimeters. The guy also said that he is an independent insurer and he isnt going to do anything ablut it. I am trying to bend it back, but I dobt want to damage my door more than it already is.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Call your insurance and file a claim. You are not at fault and likely wont even need to pay your deductable. Your insurance will decide if it is worth it to go to court, and if so they will do it for you. Either way you aren't paying for it.

People always seem to forget that one of the things you are paying for with insurance is their legal team so that you don't have to deal with this kind of bullshit. That's the same reason you should NEVER agree to settle a fender-bender out of insurance.

People always worry their premium will go up. I filed a ~$15000 claim that was my fault and my rate changed like $20 a year.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I once locked my keys in my Element before & that is the same technique the locksmith used to open up my door at the time. I recall that the weather stripping was slightly damaged & the door was not as air tight/sealed after - I had more wind noise which annoyed me.

I would check to see what your insurance says about this. Obviously, due to their lack of due diligence you have to suffer with something less than what you came in for; which is not fair. On top of this you paid for the parking & service yet received unsatisfactory results & incurred damages in the process. Very irritating.

As for trying to take them to court for a civil case; thats totally up to you. In the end you will be spending a lot of time & effort. Look at the pros & cons of what winning/losing the case will entail for you & take it from there. Whatever makes you feel better in the end is what I would recommend to do.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 PM

thanks for the input guys. i am just afraid that if i do take them to court, that i would lose the case and instead pay them for damages that they did to my car. i did talk to my insurance briefly about this and they said that i would have to pay my deductible if i want to get the car fixed. i will talk to them again tomorrow about the incident and try to get something about this. i have talked to the body shop and i was getting something done to my car already and they said they can get it fixed without charge. but the thing that makes me mad is the fact that the parking place doesnt want to admit their mistake and they had the audacity to get mad at me for them breaking my car.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:24 AM

i would just bend it back myself. however, if you feel inclined to take legal action, definitely go through your insurance.

either way, stay the hell away from valet parking situations; i never have, and never will let a valet come anywhere near anything i drive
Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1320947031' post='21145695
Bend the door frame back and call it a day, it's not worth the hassle.

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1320947031' post='21145695
Bend the door frame back and call it a day, it's not worth the hassle.
I would do the same thing since its very few mm
Really! I find it hard to believe that if that happened to your car, you would just turn the other cheek and deal with damages obviously caused by someone else's negligence.
Oh! I would make a stink but not as far as taking it to court.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madmaxblaster
thanks for the input guys. i am just afraid that if i do take them to court, that i would lose the case and instead pay them for damages that they did to my car. i did talk to my insurance briefly about this and they said that i would have to pay my deductible if i want to get the car fixed. i will talk to them again tomorrow about the incident and try to get something about this. i have talked to the body shop and i was getting something done to my car already and they said they can get it fixed without charge. but the thing that makes me mad is the fact that the parking place doesnt want to admit their mistake and they had the audacity to get mad at me for them breaking my car.

Yes you have to pay your dedictuble but court would add that to the list as well, so it would get paid back to you by the other parties insurance