California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

my Nor-Cal tour

Old 04-21-2004, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, my gf and I took a small vacation and toured around N. Ca. from Apr 12th - 16th in the S2000. we were originally going to go to Colorado, then just Lake Tahoe, but put both of those on the back burner due to the weather. it was rainy in N. Ca. but that meant snowy in the Sierra Nevadas, and being that I have S-02s on my car (and the rears only have about 10% tread depth left), we opted to check out Nor-Cal instead.

the first couple days were sunny, and I specifically found some incredible twisty single-lane backroads with spectacular views on our first day. sorry I didn't take more pics, but I was having far too much fun.

anyway, this was the first good sign that we were going to have a fun trip (the sign says 6 miles)

a little farther down the road we encountered an undeniably good sign that the driver was about to have a great time (and my passenger might occasionally feel fleeting-- but completely unfounded!-- moments of terror )

down the road from this sign

wide-shot of same scene

after me playing on the twisty road, we stopped at a house that makes delicious home-made organic breads of some local fame. thanks for telling us about that place Jeremy! I was more interested in taking a pic of my cute and quite forgiving girlfriend however...

here's a few other pics from our trip (the cave is Shasta caverns, near Redding)

on our last day, my car crossed into the 5-digits, and I took a pic of the odometer, then where I was driving. seems like a twisty country backroad is a particularly apt place to pass this milestone. (the yellow stuff on the dash is pollen from a flower my girlfriend had given me)

all in all, a very fun trip. for those of you wanting to plan a similar itinerary, here's how we did it:

Day 1: drove from East Bay up to Mendocino via the "scenic routes" . we spent the night in Ft. Bragg, 10 mins to the north
Day 2: checked out Mendocino, then drove up Hwy 1 past Eureka, checked out Humboldt State U, asked a student a quant town to stay in and he recommended Trinidad to the north. we found a fantastic little bed-n-breakfast type place to stay at.
Day 3: drove inland to Redding to visit Shasta Lake and the Shasta Caverns. fun roads, but would've been more fun if it was less drizzly. if you go on this route, do yourself a favor and visit the great little restaurant called Cinnabar Sams.
Day 4: visited Shasta Caverns then drove south on I-5 for a while, then headed west again and spent the night at Clear Lake at Konocti Resort.
Day 5: drove to Santa Rosa via a little detour through Calistoga, then headed back to the E. Bay

fun fun fun!
Old 04-21-2004, 01:21 PM

looks like you had tons of fun. thanks for sharing
Old 04-21-2004, 01:35 PM

nice pics and cute gf man
Old 04-21-2004, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by cyber_x
and cute gf man
thanks bro!
Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 PM

I got the car so how do I get a chick like her
Old 04-21-2004, 10:08 PM

Whoa! You didnt tell me she was a red-head! Teh hawtness!

that '16 mile' sign looks mighty familiar, did you see that on Kings Ridge? We were there last weekend too
Old 04-21-2004, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. Hey how did the Prince concert go???
Old 04-21-2004, 10:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Invisiguard
Whoa! You didnt tell me she was a red-head! Teh hawtness!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:27 PM

yeah the Joy road/Kings Ridge/Skaggs loop is pretty awesome, and 'mostly' stock suspension friendly
Old 04-21-2004, 10:30 PM

Where is this road?? I love roads like that.

Quick Reply: my Nor-Cal tour