California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group
View Poll Results: WHAT TO DO??
Talk to them nicely
35.71%
Park my cars on my side even though my driveway is open
26.19%
Unleash the wrath of my cars upon them by taking up all spots in front of our houses!!
38.10%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

MY neighbors

Old 03-17-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY neighbors

So I think I'm gonna go crazy. I've been trying to be nice and hint to them a few times but I guess they can't understand.

Here's the situation. The street in front of our houses are pretty much empty and they have at most 3 cars parked outside. Granted I know that the street is "public parking" but why in the hell are they parking in front of MY house when like 3 spots in front of their house is empty!! They sometime don't even park on the open driveway but instead choose to park in front of my house!! WTF?? I wouldn't mind if it happens if their spots are filled first but DAYUM EVERY DAY?? They park their BMW SUV in the spot in front of my house so everytime I leave I get greeted by this big ass SUV. Kinda gets old when I see that no one is parked in front of their house...

Kicker!! It's happened twice where I was turning into my street and they saw me... What do they do? They turn around and pass me up and park in front of my house!! Now that ain't cool!!

What should I do in your opinion?? I've already parked a few cars in front of my house temporarily to hint at them but to no avail.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:47 AM

Wait - are you saying that when they are leaving, and they see you coming home, they come right back and park in front of your house? Instead of going wherever it is they are going to?

Is this your neighbor in front of you, or to the side of you? If they are across the street, perhaps they like to park on your side of the street so that their cars are facing in the direction that they want to go when it's time to leave.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by minako' date='Mar 17 2007, 08:47 AM
Wait - are you saying that when they are leaving, and they see you coming home, they come right back and park in front of your house? Instead of going wherever it is they are going to?
Yes... Twice... Once they even passed my sister up just to park in front of my house. Aren't there like unwritten "good neighbor" rules that include parking. Common courtesy is to take up spots in front of the house and then park elsewhere. But they keep their spots in front of their house open!! It's killing me!!

It's my neighbors on front of me w/ big ass SUV's. I don't think I'd mind if it was a car but when I open my door BLAM it's right there...

Oh yeah their kids like throwing their starbucks trash in front of my house and the neighbors to my right. They just leave the cups on the ground... I know it's them cuz they are the only family w/ teenage kids on our street.

What if talking to them nicely don't work?? Valet my cars in front of their house??
Old 03-17-2007, 09:00 AM

OOP's Messed up on the poll... Third choice (taking spots up) choice only after Talking nicely don't work..
Old 03-17-2007, 09:00 AM

Well, I would definitely talk to them nicely first. Just ask them politely what their reasoning is for parking on your side of the street. Yes, technically, the curbside parking is open to anybody who wants to park there. But it sounds like your neighbors are doing this deliberately because they know it offends you somehow.

Um... if you want to be sneaky... you could always wash your car in the driveway and make sure you accidentally make their SUVs wet, too.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by minako' date='Mar 17 2007, 09:00 AM
Well, I would definitely talk to them nicely first. Just ask them politely what their reasoning is for parking on your side of the street. Yes, technically, the curbside parking is open to anybody who wants to park there. But it sounds like your neighbors are doing this deliberately because they know it offends you somehow.

Um... if you want to be sneaky... you could always wash your car in the driveway and make sure you accidentally make their SUVs wet, too.
I've already done that in a sense...

Turnd on sprinklers during midday on their black car. Sac water is like mineral water so spots will happen if you don't dry fast enough.

There are other things I've done to hint at them but they are totally oblivious.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:06 AM

Sprinklers ftw...then dump a bunch of tiny flower peddles on the car while wet!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:08 AM

Oh yeah I forgot that once they moved my garbage cans to take a spot up. I thought my sister moved them for me because I worked a double but when I asked she said NOPE... Must be the neighbors!! It was too late to get mad then...
Old 03-17-2007, 09:34 AM

That would annoy the hell out of me! I'd ask them nicely or simply just start parking your car on your side so that it forces them to park elsewhere.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:38 AM

This shiet is hella annoying.

Do this.

Talk to them nicely and then if it still happens. Go down to your local safeway and buy Grade AA Large Eggs. =)

Quick Reply: MY neighbors