California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

my MY04 got rearended in Fremont. Any advice?

Old 02-25-2005, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tritium_pie,Feb 25 2005, 06:55 AM

exactly. she didn't show too much remorse when she hit-and-ran... but only when she was caught did she start crying... because she was busted.

she wasn't sorry that she hit your car. she's sorry that she got caught. selfish, slimy dishonest b*tch.

I'd report this to insurance, HR, the police...

this is my thinking as well........she tried to get away with a hit and run clear and simple. "I was late for a doctor's appointment blah blah blah", yeah tell it to the judge; it would have taken less than a minute to leave a note.

I think just going to insurance without involving police (I believe a hit and run is a 2 point offense) and a complaint to your employer IS letting her off easy.

If she wanted to settle this under the table (i.e. not inform her ins co), she should be willing to pay you something for the $1000's she'll save on car insurance for avoiding 1) a potential 2 point hit and run offense and 2) collision damage to your vehicle
Old 02-25-2005, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by hpark,Feb 25 2005, 04:54 PM
If she wanted to settle this under the table (i.e. not inform her ins co), she should be willing to pay you something for the $1000's she'll save on car insurance for avoiding 1) a potential 2 point hit and run offense and 2) collision damage to your vehicle

Although this may appear to be an attractive option, with a dishonest character like this, it will never work but only add to your grief and aggravation!

Work this through your insurance company!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:59 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation.

If you haven't picked a shop, another suggestion is Rainbow Autobody in Hayward. (I have no affiliation with them.)

One of our members had a Silverstone S2000 repaired there a few years ago and always spoke highly of them. I saw the results of the body work and I couldn't tell a repair had been done.

I just did a search and the guy was CRussel. You might contact him and see if he's still around, really nice guy. Here is a thread with his remarks, search his name or contact him if you need more info on the shop:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...5&#entry2507785

Good luck!

Old 02-25-2005, 08:00 PM

dude.............................................. .

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING....

SHOW NO MERCY.........

that lady who hit n run your car and then claims that she has a doc appt to go to?

does that give her an excuse to hit and run???????? HELLLLL NOOOOOOO

THAT IS A FELONY..... YOU CANNOT HIT AND RUN AND THEN BLAME THE BLAME ON YOUR CARELESS DRIVING ABILITIES AND THEN SAY THAT U HAVE TO GO TO DOCTORS APPOINTMENT..

YOU BETTER MAKE SURE U GET THE POLICE REPORT

TELL THE INSURANCE COMPANY ON THE OTHER SIDE TO PAY FOR CAR DAMAGE AND THE RENTAL CAR EQUAL TO THE S2000 FOR HOW LONG AS IT TAKE TO GET THE S2000 REPAIRED.

as for which bodyshop around... ask around or go to a benz or bmw dealer and ask them where do they get their cars done..

do not show that biatch any mercy... she's using her ugly face of deceitfulness to SCREW YOU BIG TIME...

HER SO CALLED CLAIM OF LATE TO DOCTORS APPOINTMENT IS B.S. NO EXCUSE IS AN EXCUSE TO LEAVE THE SCENE OF A COLLISION...

IMAGINE IF SOMEONE HIT YOU IN THE FREEWAY AND YOU GOT KNOCK OUT AND THEN THEY SAY PLEASE DONT BITE ME BECAUSE I WAS LATE FOR DOCTORS APPOINTMENT......

and second, DID SHE COME TO YOU AFTER SHE GOT BACK FROM THE DOCTOR??????????? HELL NOOOOOOO.....

UNLEASH ALL YOUR VENGEANCE AND MAKE THE INSURANCE COMPANY PAY... AND ALSO... REPORT TO HUMAN RESOURCES ABOUT THE INCIDENT...

THIS KIND OF DISHONEST PERSON DOESNT DESERVE TO BE LURKING AROUND HITTING OTHER CARS IN THE FUTURE...
Old 03-01-2005, 10:35 AM

Status update, please.