California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

my MY04 got rearended in Fremont. Any advice?

Old 02-24-2005, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EMC collision in Fremont. Recommended by my coworker. Can anyone vouch for them???
Old 02-24-2005, 01:13 PM

I've never heard much about EMC collision but I've seen a few brand new BMWs there. I think Fremont BMW uses them for body work.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by jinuoppa,Feb 24 2005, 01:15 PM
So, company security is heavily involved in this as well, and they arranged a meeting btw me and the lady who's responsible. She said she knew she hit my car, she wrote down my plate number, and that she was in a hurry to a doc appt. Whateva.

We contacted her insurance and i have the claim number now.
My friends are telling me I should claim loss of value in my 7month old s2k as well. Does anyone have experience with this ?

I am still waiting for the bodyshop recommendatin guys. any one ???

Thanks a lot.
oh okay i hope everything works out for you. If it's just a new bumper and trunk, the biggest thing you might have to worry about is if they can match the paint properly......i'm not sure how hard sebring silver is to match (i.e. does it have flakes?)

a loss of value will prolly not work on the insurance company.....i think just getting the money from them promptly after you've gotten the estimates and bills from the repair shop of YOUR choice will be the best you can hope for.

On the plus side, if you ever wanted a CF trunk this may be a good time
Old 02-24-2005, 02:38 PM

if they hit your car and ran, then they are clearly dishonest and you owe them NO FAVORS.

contact the insurance companies, get a clear police report, and even raise a red flag with that police officer for suggesting you work it out under the table with somebody who tried to SCREW YOU and just run away from damage that they did to your vehicle.

moreover, I would report it to your human resources dept. that this co-worker struck the vehicle of a fellow co-worker and made a clear attempt to flee the scene.

document everything, because S2000 Driver is absolutely correct about how selective amnesia starts to take effect, especially when it's regarding someone having to cough up hundreds or thousands of dollars for their mistake.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by jinuoppa,Feb 24 2005, 01:15 PM
So, company security is heavily involved in this as well, and they arranged a meeting btw me and the lady who's responsible. She said she knew she hit my car, she wrote down my plate number, and that she was in a hurry to a doc appt. Whateva.
demand written proof of a doctor's appointment that afternoon. if she raises hell, it's obvious that she's lying and she deserves to be fully charged with a crime: HIT AND RUN. she can then kindly show proof of her doctor's appointment in a court of law, while sworn under oath.

f*ck that bitch. hit and run is NOT A JOKE. the time it takes to leave a note is less than 30 seconds!! both she and that cop were in the wrong.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw, r u korean? jinu?

i like your id
Old 02-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by problem_child,Feb 24 2005, 03:45 PM
btw, r u korean? jinu?

i like your id
yeah, i am.

Know any good shop in the east bay, bro ??

So far I have

1. Quality Auto Craft, Pleasanton
2. Magnussen Car West Autobody, Dublin or Fremont
3. EMC Collision

I guess i will just pick one and just go.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by tritium_pie,Feb 24 2005, 03:40 PM
demand written proof of a doctor's appointment that afternoon. if she raises hell, it's obvious that she's lying and she deserves to be fully charged with a crime: HIT AND RUN. she can then kindly show proof of her doctor's appointment in a court of law, while sworn under oath.

f*ck that bitch. hit and run is NOT A JOKE. the time it takes to leave a note is less than 30 seconds!! both she and that cop were in the wrong.
yeah, i'm also curious why you're so willing to work it out with this person? are you friends with this person or know this person well? cause i'd be PISSSSSSSSSSED someone not only hit my car while PARKED but then decided to RUN OFF.

Though I'd be willing to take ~$5000 in unmarked $20's to forgive and forget
Old 02-24-2005, 05:10 PM

While I definitely agree that going with the insurance company is the only way to go, always try to solve this diplomatically. <Insert Andrew's paranoia statement> You will still work with this coworker after this incident is resolved. Some people like revenge...
Old 02-24-2005, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by RWD_RCKT,Feb 24 2005, 06:10 PM
While I definitely agree that going with the insurance company is the only way to go, always try to solve this diplomatically. <Insert Andrew's paranoia statement> You will still work with this coworker after this incident is resolved. Some people like revenge...

Quick Reply: my MY04 got rearended in Fremont. Any advice?