California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

My house just got robbed (pics)

Old 03-21-2009, 01:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 2 next house just got robbed too 5 days ago :S
we leave the alarm on all the time since then
Old 03-21-2009, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow wtf. Im really sorry to hear buddy. Did you call the cops? Any kind of investigation?
Old 03-21-2009, 03:07 AM

Wow, sorry to hear. Try calling the cops. I live in Oakland, not the best place to live. In the past year we had 3 attempts of robbery in our home. They have broken in our basement and tried to get inside our house through ventilation( crazy huh ), and through our windows that they bent the heck out of ( we have frames and guards ). We have an alarm so at all their attempts it went off and they never made any advancements. One thing I would like to say is that when we called the cops they actually had forensics come in and pick up evidence and check for finger prints. Suprise the heck out of me from Oakland PD. Here comes the kicker though, they needed prints to be on a clean surface. Aluminum Frame guards we had were outside and they said that it collected dust so in the end no finger prints.....
Old 03-21-2009, 03:43 AM

omg..that's awful! f**kin thieves!
Old 03-21-2009, 06:59 AM

daymn kev! Sorry to hear that. Get a couple of guard dogs and i'm sure they will think twice.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:06 AM

damn bro, that's insane, it's like it had to be someone you knew, to know you have that much shit inside to be stolen.

did it happen during the day, and the second question is, how could nobody see them do it?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear and hope they get the thieves. A friend of a friend had their home recently broken into. They scoped the place and knew when he and his wife would be out of the house. The neighbor noticed a van leaving the house in the afternoon and called the owner. When they got there, the house was looted. Sucks.

My friend was robbed as well within a 2 hour window. She left her condo at 6:30pm and when she returned at 8:30, they had broken into her place and stole her jewelry and other stuff worth over 15K. Police thought she was targeted and waited for her to leave. The robbers broke through her window.

Home protection is a good idea. But you should also take the time to educate yourself on the use and proper handling of a firearm. You could also try to make your home more secure. My friend learned to put rods in the window sill to prevent it from opening all the way. Get reinforced locks or add an extra bolt lock (my other friend did this to his condo). Get a dog. Add an home security system.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Sorry to hear.. it's only going to get worse unfortunately. The market's still going down, the rally's over. People are still scared.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

=/
each week is getting worse and worse...
first the hard top, and then rick, and now this...

sorry to hear kevin.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:36 AM

man, get a strap.. im planning on visiting a local gun store as well.. i know it's hard to think positive in this tragedy but like one of the posters said, your lucky your mother wasn't home alone when the burger came.. i wouldn't recommend a shot gun.. i'd recommend a hand gun for the "just in case"

hope you catch those a-holes.. I've had shit stolen from my house too and it wasn't fun

Quick Reply: My house just got robbed (pics)