California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

My company is looking for software developers

Old 05-04-2005, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My company is looking for software developers

Hi everyone. My company is looking to hire a lot of software developers ASAP. We recently landed two large contracts and need to hire on a lot of people.

It's a medium defense contractor, about 500 people, specilizing in signal reconnaissance. It's located in Sunnyvale. It's a great place to work at, everyone get's an office, no cubicles, lots of good parking, SUPERB benifits, ESPP, profit sharing, etc.

Since it's a defense company, you need to be security clearable for SCI security clearence, which is above D.O.D. Top Secret (yes, there's higer than "Top"). Which means that you, and your immediate family all have to be US citizens. No arrests, no terrorist activity, etc.

If you do any software development, from entry level C++, to Project Management and above, and are interested, PLEASE PM me!

Thanks!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:29 PM

I've been getting a few PMs with questions, and to clarify.

The position are for regular full time position. The company as a whole was recently awarded two large contracts which span multiple years. These are not contractor positions.

The company has been around for over 20 years, and is very very highly rated by both investors and industry insiders.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:25 PM

dang this company must be secretive.....why not just link to the company website or job description?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:34 PM

I'll be honest here. Because I want the phat referall bonus. Me me me, all mine.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:50 AM

BTW...for those interested. Once you have security clearance it can/will add to your value for future jobs(if active). You can generally ask for greater salary if you already have clearance. Takes 10K generally to do a full clearance....

<------- family in intelligence agencies....
Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 PM

very interested (and qualified if i may say so). PM sent.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Diatomic,May 4 2005, 09:34 PM
I'll be honest here. Because I want the phat referall bonus. Me me me, all mine.
i don't think divulging the company name / website will make you lose out on the referral. People know that getting a referral from a current employee GREATLY increases their chances of an interview than just applying via email or some job search site. A win-win for both parties involved
Old 05-07-2005, 04:25 PM

Bump
Old 05-07-2005, 04:51 PM

I work for the Government and you have no idea how much they dig about your past. Luckily security clearance was a cinch, but I've heard people with prior convictions are usually never hired. I guess the Gov't just doesn't want to deal with any unlawful people.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:38 AM

Actually it's much worse than that. If you're looking for real high level clearance they will put you on a polygraph, so you can't lie(well most people can't )

This that will exclude you(granted this is only for the highest levels)

Bad credit rating.
Drugs....some experimentation may be tolerated but no active use.
Gamble too much.
Drink too much.
Criminal history...pretty much anything here can get you dinged...depends upon severity but not much tolerance.
Womanize too much.
Weird, strange, screwed up shit that you may be into...and for the big clearances they will ask about everything.

The reason why these exclude people is because they all significantly increase the potential for compromise. They are all liabilities that someone unscrupulous can use to turn you given the right circumstances.

Granted for lower level clearances some of these are more likely to be tolerated but not the highest.

Quick Reply: My company is looking for software developers