California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

My car got hit in the parking lot

Old 10-05-2004, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear what happened Joon. Same shit happened to Moses and he was ing pissed. It highly unlikely that you'll be able to repaint the whole car tho so good luck.

Just let me know if you need help with anything.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:52 PM

yea im thinking my coworker is goin gto pay it out of her pocket...so if i get money from her direct after i get an estimate imma go with mastergrade fenders

I'm thinking their cheaper than OEM fenders.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:29 PM

let me know man i got a body shop for you dud. my car is still there because my bumper got B/O. so when you want to get it fixed i can help you on that. hes really good. you can ask chris (jsap1) and charls. im really sorry to hear that your car got #&%@! up. i guess i cant welcome you to the club then.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F*CK!!! If you want the whole car painted, you'll need to get a body shop to 1st give you an estimate for the damage, then you find out what your co-worker's insurance is willing to pay for her damage, then see if the autobody guy's willing to let you and your co-worker pay for the entire job.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:01 AM

dude that f'ing sucks! hope she get fixed soon.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:50 PM

damn man that really sux but heck at least they didn't run away. Hope the car gets fixed soon. Mastergrades would look clean on your car though. Just don't add the sidemarkers IMO they don't look great with the blinkers.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:23 PM

A good body shop should be able to get the ins. co to pay for a new door. There's a beam in the door which is a saftey issue even on a light hit.
They should also blend the fender to the hood and the door to the rear quarter panel... which almost half the car.
But to be honest, you have a lot of layers of paint left on your car. After the shop repairs it, have them buff the whole car out. It should look new if they do it right.
I don't think she can pay out of her pocket... it should run a few thousand.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess $7000!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:35 PM
s2z

Sorry to hear what happened to your car. I was parked outside of Petsmart a few months ago and one of their shopping carts hit my passenger side rear wheel well. It left a good sized dent. Fortunely I got a whole bunch of pictures and the dent was the shape of the shopping cart, and petsmart paid for the damages.

Like ripcord said, the body shop also painted the adjacent panels and door and rear bumper on my car to make the paint blend in. When done correctly you should not notice any difference at all. In my case, the adjuster did pay to have the side panels blended in. I think i helped that i had the pictures and filed a incident report complaint with the store right when it happened. I hope that you get your car fixed soon.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:06 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.................... ..................

At least you know who did it. I could buy a new S2k with the damage losses I have had with hit and run damage over the years to my toys.

Once I had the pleasure of nailing one guy to the wall who had hit my beloved Alfa GTV. He told me that if I could afford such a car i could afford the repair. That !$%& found out otherwise but others got away at my expense.

MAKE them pay if they hurt your toy, it is your hard earned money!

Quick Reply: My car got hit in the parking lot