California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Moving to "THE CITY" NOW for a year - help! :)

Old 10-06-2013, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all very much

I would love to live in the "downtown" area, but all reports say it's ghetto. Blah.

Country vibe I DON'T want, so thanks for letting me know! Glad I posted in here now

I'll make myself like beer if Russian River is the "spot".

See y'all at the raceway!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THANKS so much, man!! That was a main concern. I am using them! Requested a quote; saw Jay Leno on site, saw inside of their trucks....sold! You get 8 thumbs up from me
Glad to help. I was so happy with them - hopefully will go as smoothly for you as it did for me. Just set-up good pickup and drop-off locations. Their trucks are huge and they can't go winding down any narrow twisty streets.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik
THANKS so much, man!! That was a main concern. I am using them! Requested a quote; saw Jay Leno on site, saw inside of their trucks....sold! You get 8 thumbs up from me
Glad to help. I was so happy with them - hopefully will go as smoothly for you as it did for me. Just set-up good pickup and drop-off locations. Their trucks are huge and they can't go winding down any narrow twisty streets.
They got back to me at $2095! That's OK....it has to make it there! I don't know of any comparable companies?

I am still seeking residence and I move in 18 days....lucky me! I think NE Santa Rosa is the acceptable place to live. Anyone know any differently?

Thanks!

-T
Old 10-13-2013, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teanza
Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik' timestamp='1381121294' post='22814391
They got back to me at $2095! That's OK....it has to make it there! I don't know of any comparable companies?

I am still seeking residence and I move in 18 days....lucky me! I think NE Santa Rosa is the acceptable place to live. Anyone know any differently?

Thanks!

-T
I looked at my old paperwork and realized I paid 2880 for both the Harley and S2K. I was off in my guestimate, so I apologize for that! Definitely worth it IMO if you have the coin - I have read so many horror stories. With these guys, you know your car will arrive without any issues - and you can relax about it. My work paid for it as part of my moving package
Old 10-14-2013, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by teanza

They got back to me at 2095! That's OK....it has to make it there! I don't know of any comparable companies?

Thanks!

-T
Good job on the research!!! Ne Santa Rosa is a really nice area to live in. Overall I wouldn't worry too much if you're moving to Santa Rosa. Its pretty quiet like my buddy Projectred was saying. Now if you were moving to east bay like Oakland or Richmond, then you should be worried LOL. For the party n nightlife, we usually go to the "city" meaning San Francisco. Well good luck w everything n welcome!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:18 PM

I live in Petaluma, but when I want to go out to some bars, i usually hit up Rosa. Russian River for sure is pretty cool but its ALWAYS packed. Food is bomb too, especially the Pizza and Beer Bites. Sprengers Tap room is awesome too for sports and a ridiculous amount of Beer options compared to other spots. Good food there too.

Get ready to deal with dumb ass Hipsters though... this area is FULL of em. I wish we could drop a Hipster Repellent bomb on Sonoma County to get rid of them all.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by 707_S2K
I live in Petaluma, but when I want to go out to some bars, i usually hit up Rosa. Russian River for sure is pretty cool but its ALWAYS packed. Food is bomb too, especially the Pizza and Beer Bites. Sprengers Tap room is awesome too for sports and a ridiculous amount of Beer options compared to other spots. Good food there too.

Get ready to deal with dumb ass Hipsters though... this area is FULL of em. I wish we could drop a Hipster Repellent bomb on Sonoma County to get rid of them all.
Really? I don't seem to notice many hipsters when i'm up there Maybe it's because I always just got to RR (How can you pass up their happy hour?) and RR is full of older dudes.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:44 PM

Thank you all very much!

I think I might commute in a van pool from SF.....SR just really seems boring! Maybe I'll start a new thread once I know which areas of SF are conducive to the carpool.....

I'll be seeking temp housing somewhere in the "city" until I figure out where the h*ll I am gonna land!

-T
Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There's nothing like an authentic Bay Area hipster.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM

I just wanted to pop in and for Intercity Lines. They are very professional and take great care of your car. The best part was they also offered the most competitive price out of all the enclosed trailers I looked at.

Quick Reply: Moving to "THE CITY" NOW for a year - help! :)