California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Moving to "THE CITY" NOW for a year - help! :)

Old 10-03-2013, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to "THE CITY" NOW for a year - help! :)

Hey dudes!

THREAD CHANGE: Moving to SF now, I just don't know where?!

After doing a quick search, it doesn't seem too many S2K'ers live there!

Well, when I have more time I will do a proper intro and scan of your forum I was on the SoCal forum a few years ago planning a move, but it didn't happen. It is this time! For 11 months from Pittsburgh.

Can any of you recommend:
  • Car shippers - and it only has a couple inches of ground clearance and soft top UPDATE: THANK YOU for the advice! UPDATE: hired a place
  • Where or where not to live and what to do in the area? edit for clarity: Is there anyone that can help me with the area? I've been told to avoid south SR and Roseland. I'm willing to live close to it, too....don't necessarily have to be IN it. I like active places with fun people, if that helps.

*Specifically, I don't like being bored, don't care for a country setting or wine, and am used to and prefer lively yet respectful cities, some type of nightlife, younger crowd (~25-40 range). So the closest area pretty much within Santa Rosa would be ideal....does it exist?! UPDATE: decided to commute in a vanpool from San Francisco; Santa Rosa too boring

Also, do you have the huge *without a garage someone will definitely steal my seats* problem like other parts of the state? UPDATE: THANKS for the answers! I should be OK I think..

T H A N K S !! You guys are my only resource and the only people I've reached out to

BTW, I was a pretty active member for the first 6 years

EDIT: Now will be going to SF an commuting in a van to SR. Place seemed pretty bad. I think I need to be able to get to the Marina easily in the morning. Also was told about Albany, but I don't know what that place is all about. Moving 10/30 help?

-T
Old 10-03-2013, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car shipper - Intercity Lines. Absolutely professional in every way. 100% equipped to deal with loooow cars - they use a lift as opposed to ramps. Shipped mine from Virginia to San Rafael for about $1450. That's my bike in front of my S2k too.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:04 AM

Still low s2k numbers but Lately There seems to be a lot more s2k's in the Santa area and group of us drive from ukiah to santa rosa for car meets that happen every friday night in the target parking lot.....On theft I havent heard of s2ks having problems but just treat it as you would in any high theft area.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't heard about seat theft around here in a while. I think you would be relatively safe in Santa Rosa. SF is probably your highest risk of getting your seats stolen. I don't think there is a high demand for S2000 seats anymore, with the rise of cheap race bucket seats like F1 Spec and others.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik
Car shipper - Intercity Lines. Absolutely professional in every way. 100% equipped to deal with loooow cars - they use a lift as opposed to ramps. Shipped mine from Virginia to San Rafael for about $1200. That's my bike in front of my S2k too.

THANKS so much, man!! That was a main concern. I am using them! Requested a quote; saw Jay Leno on site, saw inside of their trucks....sold! You get 8 thumbs up from me

Originally Posted by ProjekRed
Still low s2k numbers but Lately There seems to be a lot more s2k's in the Santa area and group of us drive from ukiah to santa rosa for car meets that happen every friday night in the target parking lot.....On theft I havent heard of s2ks having problems but just treat it as you would in any high theft area.
Good to know!

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
I haven't heard about seat theft around here in a while. I think you would be relatively safe in Santa Rosa. SF is probably your highest risk of getting your seats stolen. I don't think there is a high demand for S2000 seats anymore, with the rise of cheap race bucket seats like F1 Spec and others.
Oh, good. When I was active on that subform a few years ago, the front page was full of that all the time! I just wanted to know if a garage was mandatory in my searches for residency. Sweet

Is there anyone that can help me with the area? I've been told to avoid south SR. I'm willing to live close to it, too....don't necessarily have to be IN it. I like active places with fun people, if that helps.

edit: I want to be more specific: I don't like being bored, don't care for a country setting or wine, and am used to and prefer lively yet respectful cities, some type of nightlife, younger crowd (~25-40 range). So the closest area pretty much within Santa Rosa would be ideal....does it exist?!

Also putting this in the top post for exposure

-T
Old 10-05-2013, 12:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by teanza
edit: I want to be more specific: I don't like being bored, don't care for a country setting or wine, and am used to and prefer lively yet respectful cities, some type of nightlife, younger crowd (~25-40 range). So the closest area pretty much within Santa Rosa would be ideal....does it exist?!
Lol, definitely don't move to Santa Rosa if you don't like being bored, a country setting, wine, and prefer a lively city.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Originally Posted by teanza' timestamp='1380989928' post='22812573
Lol, definitely don't move to Santa Rosa if you don't like being bored, a country setting, wine, and prefer a lively city.
I understand from my research! But no choice (job). I am just seeking the *least* boring/most happening place available...
Old 10-05-2013, 04:48 PM

Its definitely not a big lively city but there is quite a bit to do around SR. The wine/country vibe is more towards healdsburg and up north. The nightlife is ok in the downtown area but if not SF is only 45 min away speeding of course lol but overall its probably the most happening place, most of the surrounding towns are boring. One good thing is the awesome weather!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:43 PM

at least you're closer to sear's point/Infineon/Sonoma race way.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:39 PM

Good beer too if you like Russian River brewery.

Quick Reply: Moving to "THE CITY" NOW for a year - help! :)