California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

modified exhaust ticket

Old 04-11-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard your exhausts yesterday at auto innovstions. Its not even that loud when you cruised in... That cop was just a douche! I think my exhaust is even louder than yours. Because everytime i see cops i gotta put in neutral just so its quiet. Hahaha. Mine without the silencer excceds 95db at low rpm's and i only take it off on the weekends. LOL i think that was just haing a bad day.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Maybe he just got divorced from his wife. Tons of reasons he could have been pissed. Wonder if you should be carrying some card around stating the db level or your exhaust. If I was going to modify my car like you have I would be carrying supportive documents to show I was within the law.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jerZs2k
I heard your exhausts yesterday at auto innovstions. Its not even that loud when you cruised in... That cop was just a douche! I think my exhaust is even louder than yours. Because everytime i see cops i gotta put in neutral just so its quiet. Hahaha. Mine without the silencer excceds 95db at low rpm's and i only take it off on the weekends. LOL i think that was just haing a bad day.
yea! i was driving around the whole day like that because i just changed my clutch fluid and didn't want to push it until i knew it was good to go.

Originally Posted by rob-2
Maybe he just got divorced from his wife. Tons of reasons he could have been pissed. Wonder if you should be carrying some card around stating the db level or your exhaust. If I was going to modify my car like you have I would be carrying supportive documents to show I was within the law.
i would most definitely carry a legal documentation stating that my exhaust is ok if i can! someone just point me the direction and i'll go that way
Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Paul who makes your exhaust, maybe email them for something in writing. Just a thought.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am suprised he did not look under to see if you had a cat. The smart cops will ultimately assume you changed your cat as well. Good luck HC Ill ask my police officer friend and see if he has a clue of the cost of the ticket. The problem is a lot of times they do not know, because of all the court fees added to ticket. HC
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't really have to pay anything for the modified exhaust ticket except for the $25 court processing fees. Wait for the ticket to come in. The bail amount is $500, but the ticket is correctable. If you think your exhaust is under the 95 db limit, then take it to a BAR station and get it tested. If you think it's over the limit, put the stock back on and get it tested. Then you'll just have to bring the proof of correction and the paperwork to the courthouse and pay the $25 processing fee. I've done this numerous times..speaking of which, I got a modified exhaust ticket from the CHP about a month ago for my J's 70RR. Still waiting for it to come in so I can get it corrected and settled. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:43 PM

i figured that too but i have a cat so he can go lick a donkey's butthole!!

what does HC mean? haha
Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FromaDB2toanAP1
You don't really have to pay anything for the modified exhaust ticket except for the $25 court processing fees. Wait for the ticket to come in. The bail amount is $500, but the ticket is correctable. If you think your exhaust is under the 95 db limit, then take it to a BAR station and get it tested. If you think it's over the limit, put the stock back on and get it tested. Then you'll just have to bring the proof of correction and the paperwork to the courthouse and pay the $25 processing fee. I've done this numerous times..speaking of which, I got a modified exhaust ticket from the CHP about a month ago for my J's 70RR. Still waiting for it to come in so I can get it corrected and settled. Good luck.

Do what he said
Old 04-11-2011, 06:04 PM

so i need to get it tested before i get it signed off? i can't just swap my stock exhaust back on and get it signed off?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You can...but if you think that your current one might pass then get it tested that way you don't have to deal with this again in the future. Its not like they test the sound at WOT

Quick Reply: modified exhaust ticket