California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

mine's in the shop, too!!!!

Old 11-11-2001, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mine's in the shop, too!!!!

due to the excessively hi miles i've been putting on (~32k mi), i decided to get some stuff done (before the warranty is up) that have been buggin me for a while. [list=1]
[*]the driver seat leather had been cracking and wearing much quicker than i had expected. so, the dealership is going to re-upholster the driver seat.
[*]the little 'bumps' or 'pimples' on the dashboard were not exactly an eye sore, but i figured, hey, while i'm here might as well get a new dashboard.
[*]TSB 01-037 convertible top rattle. good thing i finally experienced this the other week when driving to san diego thru some really bad rain.[/list=1]
now, when it comes to loaners, i've been told in the past that it is not AHM's policy to provide loaner vehicles. but i was fortunate to speak with their director of sales & parts, who authorized a loaner car from thrifty. now, i've been driving around in a '01 chrysler sebring LXI 4dr--not too shabby. i was expecting a kia some other POS compact car.

wish me (and my baby) luck!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 10:46 PM

So you have that dimple/pimple thing on your dash too? I was wondering where the h*ll it came from! I have a dimple by the passenger airbag on the dash. Is it covered under warranty? Did you find out how it appeared? Anyone got a clue?
MAY
Old 11-12-2001, 11:27 PM

hahah you lucky, are they changing your whole top now?? You pretty much get new seats .

Oh was your seats cracked?? How does it look?? my driver side's seat is worn out like crazy, I didn't know if they would cover that under warranty.

I have the top rattle too, what do they do?? replace your whole top?? Which dealer did you go to??

haha, I got a stupid 97 Civic DX 4 door as my rental when I brought it in for transmission fix, AND IT'S STILL NOT FIXED!!!
Old 11-13-2001, 07:45 AM

the dimple on the dash is covered by warranty. Just go to your dealer and point out that the dimple has shown up over time and they should take care of it. I had my dashboard replaced for the same reason when I did all my other TSB work.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:59 AM

did you get the seats done under warranty?? damn i want that...how exactly did you convince them to do that? which dealer do u use?
Old 11-13-2001, 09:37 AM

yep, all of the work is being done under warranty. i simply complained that i didn't buy just some run-of-the-mill civic or accord, but a hand-built masterpiece alongside the NSX in japan! and, in comparison to all the other hondas i've owned, this is the first where the leather was cracking so quickly! i even had a 95 acura legend that had better leather after 5 years than the current leather on the s2000!

no, they were very accomodating when it came to all the fixes. sorry, only the driver's side seat is getting re-upholstered, not both seats. the passenger side still looks good (especially since i don't usually have passengers)

FYI, i've been dealing with grace honda in san bruno. this is where i bought her back in 99. the service advisor's name is james mattox, and the director of service & parts is heiko (sp?). i originally spoke with george, who is i guess the service dept foreman, who then directed me to james. i guess it also helped that the salesperson who helped me originally with the purchase of the car was also one of the sales managers, who put in a good word with the service dept.

i'll keep you all posted with the results. as of yet, the car's still in pieces from last i saw it on saturday.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:40 AM

i just want that new leather smell back!

no but really, the left side of my drivers seat is all shiny and cracked up...i condition and clean it once in awhile too...does leather just naturally do this? there isn't any way to prevent it?
Old 11-13-2001, 06:25 PM

U P D A T E

car is back! in working order (at least so it seems....)[list=1]
[*]driver seat re-upholstered. it's dull compared to the passenger seat, but what didya expect?! it'll need some weathering now to match the rest of the car
[*]same goes for the dashboard. the passenger side airbag matches the passenger side seat in that it's shiny. again, weathering will correct that
[*]TSB completed with new strikers. [/list=1]
the tech that performed all the stuff wanted me to go for a test drive with him, but unfortunately he left for the day. i'll just schedule another time for that test drive.

in the end, i'm just happy to have her back!
Old 11-13-2001, 08:19 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great!! news
see you at lunch 2morrow.
Probably late as usual!!
haha
Old 11-13-2001, 09:30 PM

hahah glad they did everything for you andrew, hey go with me next week to get my car done . Sound good?? give me a call.

Quick Reply: mine's in the shop, too!!!!