California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

might be the wrong forum for this...

Old 03-13-2007, 03:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default might be the wrong forum for this...

but what do you guys think of an 85 corolla coupe? the engine is 4AC... yep its carbeurated... was thinking of turning that into the daily driver would it be any fun to tune this car??
Old 03-13-2007, 04:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i would LOVE to have an AE86 as a daily commuter.. actually, ive been looking around for one for some time, but most of them that i see on craigslist is grossly overpriced, or beaten to hell.. gl finding one in good condition and at a good price though.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shotiable' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:31 PM
but what do you guys think of an 85 corolla coupe? the engine is 4AC... yep its carbeurated... was thinking of turning that into the daily driver would it be any fun to tune this car??
I got a GTS coupe. I prefer the coupes than the hatches. Got mine in red. I'll try to get pics posted up of mine.

SR5's are A$$... No power then again the GTS is A$$ also. Just telling you the truth. Back then I can see the hype. Tuning carbs suck even a simple stock one. TONS of vacuum lines!! Taking it on the freeway I tach 4500 at ~ 75mph. GTS's have 4.3 ratios while SR5's have 4.1.

If it's for commute it's cool. Just try not to park it outside cuz it may come up missing one day. These cars are hot especially if the body panels are clean.

PM me if you got any ?'s
Old 03-14-2007, 12:51 AM

SR5 is cool for commuting

this one is HAWT!.... (familiar andy?)

Old 03-14-2007, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by s2kennmark' date='Mar 14 2007, 12:51 AM
SR5 is cool for commuting

this one is HAWT!.... (familiar andy?)

Not really!! Same setup as my mango before I swapped it out. Not as high CR though. Is the engine broken in yet?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:22 AM

I'm thinkin of gettin a new second car...

I drove my dying prelude yesterday for a bit in the morning, and if anything, it made me appreciate my S that much more. haha
Old 03-14-2007, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by WashabiS2K' date='Mar 13 2007, 04:44 PM
i would LOVE to have an AE86 as a daily commuter.. actually, ive been looking around for one for some time, but most of them that i see on craigslist is grossly overpriced, or beaten to hell.. gl finding one in good condition and at a good price though.
it may surprise you guys to know that i got this car for free and its in good running condition. i just wish i could do a tranny swap on it though.

as for the body panels they're a little beat up... dents here and dings there, i can tell it got in an accident coz the rear's thrown off. but its RWD and it has a 1.6 litre engine... i just thought it'd make a decent commute car and attract less attention than my S
Old 03-14-2007, 09:41 AM

btw i think those ITBs are HAWT! ^.^

i wish i had a blacktop or a redtop GTS, at least its twin cam... the one i have is a single... and carbeurated sucks ass... kinda gets annoying how i have to pump the gas pedal in the morning
Old 03-14-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by shotiable' date='Mar 14 2007, 09:41 AM
btw i think those ITBs are HAWT! ^.^

i wish i had a blacktop or a redtop GTS, at least its twin cam... the one i have is a single... and carbeurated sucks ass... kinda gets annoying how i have to pump the gas pedal in the morning
3-2 downshifting pissing you off!! Haha!! Rev match/ blip the throttle when you downshift and it will be better. Dude it only took me like 1.5 hrs to R&R my tranny. It's so small you can bench press it. Go to pick n pull and get a tranny for like $70.

Blacktop/redtop/silvertop... They are all A$$. The car is slow no matter what. funny how folks bag on hondas and no torque. The 4A(G r C) revs like an F20 and has NOOO TQ.

These cars have a HARD time passing smog nowadays even stock!!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:37 AM

haha they're all ASs but you have like 30 of them HAHAHA. i'll post pics once im done processing the pics of Robert's car.... i did a lot of under chassis shots. (you can eat on it)

Quick Reply: might be the wrong forum for this...