California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Michael Phelps FTW!

Old 08-19-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Aug 19 2008, 10:23 AM
imo there should only be 3 swimming events. short distance, mid distance, and long distance. use wutever stroke u want. not a bunch of relays that combine different strokes or wutever else permutations swimmers can think of to make more medals to compete for.

and to be consistent, they need to eliminate power walking and beach volleyball. wuts next skipping? and beach badminton?

nba is completely different from olympic ball. olympics is the only time when the best bball players in the nba come together and actually try to win. the nba allstar game is a joke and nobody really tries.
not fair if you do it that way. just race for distance and use whatever stroke you want. in that case everyone would swim freestyle since it's faster than breast and butterfly.

It takes a very athletic person to do the butterfly for 100-200m. Try getting in a pool and doing the butterfly for 100m and see what kind of time you get. That's if you can even make it to 100m. Your arms get tired like a mofo halfway through.

I personally love watching swimming, track, gymnastics and beach volleyball. Badminton is interesting too. Maybe I find them more interesting since I played vball, badminton, bball and almost got into track and swim for school.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
AP2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 19 2008, 08:28 PM
not fair if you do it that way. just race for distance and use whatever stroke you want. in that case everyone would swim freestyle since it's faster than breast and butterfly.

It takes a very athletic person to do the butterfly for 100-200m. Try getting in a pool and doing the butterfly for 100m and see what kind of time you get. That's if you can even make it to 100m. Your arms get tired like a mofo halfway through.

I personally love watching swimming, track, gymnastics and beach volleyball. Badminton is interesting too. Maybe I find them more interesting since I played vball, badminton, bball and almost got into track and swim for school.
speaking of volleyball...indoor volleyball is the business!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:26 PM

as soon as anyone does something great or something considered impossible everyone calls foul.

It's really too bad that someone works their whole life for something and people start saying they cheated.
Sure you have instances like Marion Jones... but she was never as huge as Phelps or Armstrong... they're tested daily... and under such scrutiny it would be near impossible to pull anything off.

But, after setting multiple records, taking home 8 golds, and becoming the most sought after spokesperson in the world right now... he'll have at least 50 million reasons to shrug off whatever people throw at him.

you could either believe he's on drugs, or you can look at the studies they did on his body - apparently the wingspan of someone who's 6'2", but the legs of someone who's 5'10"... so he can push more water and kick faster... and just believe that he's someone who has a physical advantage... like tall people in the NBA, smaller gymnasts, or the scrawny little kenyan runners... hahaha

to each his own...

I'm just happy at what he accomplished - he worked hard for it
Old 08-19-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by AP2,Aug 19 2008, 09:33 PM
speaking of volleyball...indoor volleyball is the business!
lol i played indoor, but love watching beach!

one of my co workers sister in law is kerri walsh!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 19 2008, 09:33 PM
lol i played indoor, but love watching beach!

one of my co workers sister in law is kerri walsh!
one of them went to archbishop mitty high school, where my friend was in the same class as her. SWEET.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:37 PM

Really fast, to trainwreck who thinks there should be only three distances for swimming, I say that there should only be three sports with balls, one with a small one (ping pong) a medium size one (tennis) and one large one (soccer). They all use round objects, so the rest must be completely useless and over kill so that people can get more medals...
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by ashamouel,Aug 19 2008, 10:37 PM
Really fast, to trainwreck who thinks there should be only three distances for swimming, I say that there should only be three sports with balls, one with a small one (ping pong) a medium size one (tennis) and one large one (soccer). They all use round objects, so the rest must be completely useless and over kill so that people can get more medals...
LOL
Old 08-19-2008, 11:24 PM

shawn johnson FTW!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by vtechnique,Aug 19 2008, 11:09 PM
one of them went to archbishop mitty high school, where my friend was in the same class as her. SWEET.
kerri walsh went to archbishop mitty.

misty may is from so cal.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 19 2008, 11:30 PM
kerri walsh went to archbishop mitty.

misty may is from so cal.
yeah, that girl. my friend went to the same school as her, and had classes with her. and now she wishes she had taken a picture or autographs with her. LOL

Quick Reply: Michael Phelps FTW!