California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Michael Phelps FTW!

Old 08-19-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

specially some pole vault and freakin ping pong! i love ping pong (def an old school waldner/liang fan.) yeah basketball you can see em everywhere. lol.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 AM

I'm looking forward to some BMX action myself!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Aug 19 2008, 08:13 AM
I guess you miss the part about him volunteering to have his blood drawn on a regular basis to help make drug testing more accurate and fool proof.

They give out a lot of swimming metals because there are a lot of different disciplines. When Spitz set his prior record, he only swam free and butterfly. Phelps swam all of the strokes, making his feat, personally even more amazing.

I personally could care less about seeing more basketball. You can watch the NBA if you want more basketball. For a large majority of these events, the Olympics is the only time you see them on TV.
imo there should only be 3 swimming events. short distance, mid distance, and long distance. use wutever stroke u want. not a bunch of relays that combine different strokes or wutever else permutations swimmers can think of to make more medals to compete for.

and to be consistent, they need to eliminate power walking and beach volleyball. wuts next skipping? and beach badminton?

nba is completely different from olympic ball. olympics is the only time when the best bball players in the nba come together and actually try to win. the nba allstar game is a joke and nobody really tries.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Aug 19 2008, 09:23 AM
nba is completely different from olympic ball. olympics is the only time when the best bball players in the nba come together and actually try to win.
or show all their badass attitudes without winning a gold medal...

1992 DREAMTEAM FTW.. hopefully lebron revives american basketball
Old 08-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Aug 19 2008, 10:23 AM
imo there should only be 3 swimming events. short distance, mid distance, and long distance. use wutever stroke u want. not a bunch of relays that combine different strokes or wutever else permutations swimmers can think of to make more medals to compete for.

and to be consistent, they need to eliminate power walking and beach volleyball. wuts next skipping? and beach badminton?

nba is completely different from olympic ball. olympics is the only time when the best bball players in the nba come together and actually try to win. the nba allstar game is a joke and nobody really tries.
Have you ever done any competitive swimming? Not likely given this statement.

I think we should actually eliminate basketball from the Olympics. It's basically the NBA anyways. All of the best players in the world play in the NBA anyways, so I don't see how it is any different from the NBA. It's not like they are all on the same team. They are all on different teams, just like the NBA.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Aug 19 2008, 10:35 AM
Have you ever done any competitive swimming? Not likely given this statement.

I think we should actually eliminate basketball from the Olympics. It's basically the NBA anyways. All of the best players in the world play in the NBA anyways, so I don't see how it is any different from the NBA. It's not like they are all on the same team. They are all on different teams, just like the NBA.
nope never done it. same reason why i dont do cardio exercises at the gym or do anything related to track or participate in espn fantasy swimming. imo its booooooring.

lol i wouldnt mind more nba. in fact, i would like the nba to extend their season (at least until nfl starts up). international/olympic rules and nba rules are very different hence a different style of play altogether. in keeping with olympic consistency for swimming they should actually play 2 bball tourneys. one nba rules, one international rules. that way the redeem team could get 2 medals instead of just 1.

true all the best players play in the nba, but during the league they dont represent their country, just the team which pays them. lucky for hte US we get the best of the nba which are also the best in the world, well except for in athens...
Old 08-19-2008, 12:02 PM

HAHA SS Phelps.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:31 PM

SS Phelps!! woot woot! :

D redeem team still unbeaten.. lebrons keeping his words..

have you seen the spain's synchonized swimming team?? with flashing lights?! lol....

hey you need cardio for football and basketball too...

unless you are really just into being an spectator or... fantasy basketball/football is your thing. lol.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
AP2

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 17 2008, 09:29 PM
LOL Did you forget where he's from? Jamaica has some of THE FASTEST runners in the world! LOLOL

But yeah his 100m dash was insane!
there's something in their water....even the women smoked the 100M

btw that super-sayin phelps is hilarious...he probably swims in pools that are 20 times earth's gravity
Old 08-19-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by AP2,Aug 19 2008, 08:59 PM
there's something in their water....even the women smoked the 100M

btw that super-sayin phelps is hilarious...he probably swims in pools that are 20 times earth's gravity
lol or that lady Melaine who smoked everyone in the 400m hurdle!

Quick Reply: Michael Phelps FTW!