California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Michael Phelps FTW!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B_SoFresh,Aug 17 2008, 11:17 PM
what about the fact that the pool is deeper then olympic standards thus, having less water turbulence leading to all these WR swims. saw it on like 20/20 or something.
boo physics. HAHA
Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 AM

Old 08-18-2008, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by friendlydacat,Aug 17 2008, 06:47 AM
WTF? You've been checking out his body?
who wouldn't ?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 AM

hahaha, this made my morning
Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

phelps is a great athlete, but it is entirely possible to get caught for doping. marion jones anyone? or both ham brothers getting conveniant injuries right before the olympics, after they were warned that they would not pass a drug test...there are always new drugs that can pass old tests...

but since he has not gotten caught. congrats. he is the man. best olympian ever tho? questionable, because they really do give out swimming medals like candy.

personally, i think the american coverage of the olympics is horrible. i rather jsut see the sports instead of in depth character profiles. less swimming more bball. less handball and softball, more of the martial arts sports.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he's aquaman!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 PM

he's a giant sized nemo.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Aug 18 2008, 10:24 AM
phelps is a great athlete, but it is entirely possible to get caught for doping. marion jones anyone? or both ham brothers getting conveniant injuries right before the olympics, after they were warned that they would not pass a drug test...there are always new drugs that can pass old tests...

but since he has not gotten caught. congrats. he is the man. best olympian ever tho? questionable, because they really do give out swimming medals like candy.

personally, i think the american coverage of the olympics is horrible. i rather jsut see the sports instead of in depth character profiles. less swimming more bball. less handball and softball, more of the martial arts sports.
I'd like to see less favoritism as well, nothing against our great US, but a close eye on the gymnastics area tonight, love how they disrespect all the others competitors by stating "good, but not great".............it's like they're not worthy to be there. Bunch of These games are more than about winning, but about how all of us uniting and enjoying each others company. Not complaining about how smog'y Beijing is, but how well their country embraced the Olympics. I'm growing bored of NBC hosting the Olympics, and how they go about it. I agree on the other sports, love Michael Phelps 8 insane gold medals, his insane too close gold (verified by the underwater camera) but I'm sure he's already sick of being interviewed over the same material again and again. Have we even seen a report of another country's in depth profile?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:04 AM

come on man.. i saw the olympics in different perspectives and guess what.. all of em are in favor for their country.. i watched the russians flaunt on how isinbayeva broke her WR for the 25th time.. (and our freakin pole vaulter ate her own words... she said at pre game that "i hope we do some damage... and you know.. kick some russian butt.." but she got silver. isinbayeva got pissed. she said she can understand english well, ATE HER ALIVE.. the russian was not yet contented.. SHE LEAPS A WR..) hmm lets see, the chinese people televising their ping pong players and mr. yao LOCALLY in china. well i guess all of the broadcasting companies take pride in their homeland's players. you know what im up to. lol
Old 08-19-2008, 07:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=trainwreck,Aug 18 2008, 11:24 AM] but since he has not gotten caught.

Quick Reply: Michael Phelps FTW!