California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

local shop in the bay that can install mugen hardtop and window?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default local shop in the bay that can install mugen hardtop and window?

hey everyone i received my mugen hardtop can someone refer me to a shop that can install it? including the rear window? or if someone here knows how and would like to help me that'll be great =]
Old 02-26-2014, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

authentic or replica?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:53 PM

its a mugen replica
Old 02-27-2014, 12:02 AM

any glass shop can put on the window, as for installing the hardtop, youre better off doing it yourself unless they know how to work on s2000's
Old 02-27-2014, 02:20 AM

Where did you get your hard top? I just got mine from forbidden USA and I know how to install the hard top. I also have windo-weld for the rear lexan window.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:26 AM

I know there's a shop here in San Jose that someone refered me to. He installed it for me and gave me a better seal for the window. He also put a vinyl strip around the winow so that you couldn't see the sealant from outside the car. It looks terrible if u can see it from outside the car. If ur interested I'll have to look for the shops name.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:22 PM

Alright bare with me cause im typing this thru my phone but thanks yeah I would like to do this my self if it isnt that bad. Im a technician and have all the tools but never done body work or drilling.

Madmaxblaster message me so we can discuss about it. I bought it from someone online not sure what kind of brand it is but it does include all thw kits

Ap1porvida yeah let me know the place thatll be great thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What brand did you get Ray? I have a Rockstar top I'm putting back on tonight. I'll take pictures of how I set my seals before it goes on. The only thing you can really screw up on your own is lifting the top onto the car by yourself and hitting the body of you car as it comes down onto the trim (like I already have), Or just putting your seals on wrong hence why I'm redoing mine. I learned how to set the trim through ALOT of trial and error..

Otherwise the window should be installed by a shop or someone who knows what they are doing and your golden.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sealed my top up tonight finally (to the point where I heard no creaking) I couldn't believe I finally did it. I have finally figured out a few things that were making it impossible for me to install it properly. Just shoot me a message if you need any help, I'll do my best to describe what I can over the phone if you decide to give it a shot after the window install.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:53 AM

Be careful to not drop a nut behind your soft top. I did and I am to lazy to fish it out lol.

Quick Reply: local shop in the bay that can install mugen hardtop and window?