California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Livermore Wine Tasting Run

Old 07-20-2003, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Livermore Wine Tasting Run

[SIZE=3]
I would like to set-up a run for next Sat. the 26th @10:00 am. meeting in Fremont, at the intersection of Mowry & Paseo Padre, at the new Wallgreen's parking lot. We will go down Mission Blvd. to 680 South to Milpitas to the Calaveras East exit. The South Bay people can meet us at the Lion's shopping center at 11:00 am. at the intersection of Calaveras & South Park Victoria, Milpitas. We will then proceed up Calaveras Rd. and somewhere at the top of the stop and we will let the road worriers go first in 2 or 3 minute intervals,to the other end at 680/84. From there we will travel 84 to 1st St. in Livermore to Chevy,s for lunch,(I will spring for the first round of Margaritas). After lunch we will go to the Concannon Winery and then to the Wente Winery and then back 84 thru Niles Canyon to Fremont.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll try to clear that time. Right now I'm booked but that sounds like fun.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This sounds great but I must miss it. I will be attending the NASCAR race at Pocono , PA that weekend.

Not to be a spoilsport but that Chevy's in Livermore is THE WORST I have ever had the misfortume to patronize. I have had several discussions with the management about the lack of professionalism and the total failure to maintain any sort of "Chevy's-ness"... It is a franchise, you see. It is really bad, trust me, I have been in the business for over 30 years. There is a genuine lack of restaurants in Livermore in general, but for Mexican I would strongly suggest Casa Orozco at least if you must dine in our fair city. Whatever you do, DO NOT, repeat DO NOT attempt to visit the Rattlesnake Grill. Even Chevy's is excellent by comparison.

Have a great time.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:46 PM

Sounds like fun. I'm in
Old 07-21-2003, 06:05 PM

Just a suggestion! Chili's is right before Chevy's on First street. The 'ritas are good there and if others want something other than Mexican they can choose something else from the menu. Oh yeah, I do have plans this weekend, but if they fall through, i'm there.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TEGSTEG
[B]Just a suggestion!
Old 07-22-2003, 06:57 AM

That is always a fun run. S2kWidow and i do this drive on occasion annd stop by Wente for a nice Brunch!

I have also taken other S2kers on this drive after DavePK introduced it to me way back when. Bomberman and I took it a bit further a few months ago and added Morgan Territory to our run and found it to be an outstanding single lane run too.

Have out of town visitors this week, but if I can get away, I will make the run too!
Old 07-22-2003, 07:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob Moss
[B] There is a genuine lack of restaurants in Livermore in general, but for Mexican I would strongly suggest Casa Orozco at least if you must dine in our fair city.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by Voodoo_S2K

We can come to somekind of an agreement on Sat. OK!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Chili's is a much better choice IMHO. They at least seem to train their employees.

There are several small wineries found by taking South Livermore Ave. out of town. Besides the larger ones like Concannon and the main Wente facility there are smaller one like Murietta's Well off of Mines Road and others past the Lab beyond Vasco Road. I don't remember the names....I am not a wine drinker so I cannot attest to the product quality. Those interested in malted beverages may recall a previous S2000 visit to the First Street Alehouse where some fine varieties can be had. It's on First Street, by the way....

Quick Reply: Livermore Wine Tasting Run