California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Laser Eye Surgery

Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont qualify cuz my vision
Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be safe, I'd stick with one eye at a time. My brother had eye surgery done recently, and the guy messed it up a bit and his vision did not get corrected. The doctor did have a very good reputation though. My brother went to Stanford to get his eyes measured at the optical center so that a Stanford recommended eye doctor here in Sacto could try to fix it. He had the corrective surgery last Thursday, but his vision is still as blurry as it was before the surgeries. That said, he is the only person, out of 30-40 I know that have had the surgery, to have any problems. Generally it works, but I'd go one eye at a time if it was me.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:49 PM

I can do it for you Al. Just supply me with a exacto knife, bandaids and a six dollar burger and mountain dew.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:24 AM

-if you have a Healthcare Flex Account available for your employer you can pay for your surgery with money that hasn't been taxed. can add up to a pretty significant discount.

-for those who had the surgery done: what's it like? they keep you awake the whole time? do you feel it?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:37 PM

Lasik Eye Center of Silicon Valley. Got mine done about 2 years ago and I love it. The beauty of seeing when I wake up in the middle of night. Dr. Bindi. It was a bit pricey but my vision is something I will not take chances on.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by groundzero,Feb 17 2007, 02:24 AM
-if you have a Healthcare Flex Account available for your employer you can pay for your surgery with money that hasn't been taxed. can add up to a pretty significant discount.

-for those who had the surgery done: what's it like? they keep you awake the whole time? do you feel it?
My experience...

You're awake the whole time.
Anaesthetic drops in the eyes for half an hour beforehand.
Valium to relax you.
They may or may not tape your eyelashes out of the way.
They then use a instrument to hold your eyelids open.
You don't see instruments coming for your eyes, just a coloured light that the ask you to stare at.
There are two types of keratomes (instruments) they can use to create the flap. A laser or a blade.
If a surgical blade is used you will feel some slight pressure when they create the flap.
The flap is folded back while they do the lasering and then folded back down into place.
You feel nothing from the lasering.
You will lose vision momentarily at some stage during the procedure.
The whole procedure took a couple of minutes per eye.
A variety of eyedrops to take for a few weeks afterward.
Re-wetting drops for 6 weeks following surgery.
Check up the next day, at 1 week, 1 month and 3 months at the clinic or your optometrist.
Price included adjustments for life (if needed).
I went from a -4 to +6 in each eye. could legally drive a motor vehicle without glasses the day following surgery.
No swimming or contact sports for a few weeks.
Plastic eyeshields for sleeping for the first 3 nights. (Stops you rubbing your eyes.)
Best thing I ever did.
$5,200 Australian.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by 5Gs,Mar 22 2005, 09:03 PM
dr. scott hyver (http://www.scotthyver.com/). I know at least 10 people who went to him and good results all around. not cheap, but definitely worth it.
Just an update.

I just had my eyes done by Dr Hyver on Friday and he did an awesome job. He did all the work and was finished in about 10 minutes. His staff was very good and professional.

I was -4.5 in my left eye and -4.25 in my right.

Post surgery I have 20/15 vision now, with the possibility of it even improving in the next couple of months.

He is a little more expensive than some of the other doctors, but he's also done more than any of them (over 21,000). Can't skimp when it comes to your eyes.

It's so amazing. I can finally see my alarm clock when I wake up without putting on the glasses!

Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 AM

[QUOTE=groundzero,Feb 16 2007, 08:24 AM] -if you have a Healthcare Flex Account available for your employer you can pay for your surgery with money that hasn't been taxed.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good deal.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:00 AM

man i just got contacts and i thought they were the sh*t, cant wait for when i get old nuff for lasik

Quick Reply: Laser Eye Surgery