6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Larry Hopkins Service Department, your opinion

Old 05-03-2002, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh...kool....
Old 05-04-2002, 01:19 PM

Same boat. Overall Hopkins has been decent in my book. Keith, I'm surprised they gave you shit about the Check Engine light. After our recent track even I swung by there so they could check mine out and make sure there were no problems. He dug the mechanic out the back with his PCM and it took about 15 minutes.

I've been using them for all the suggested mileage maintenance work (15,000 now) and have had no problems there. I find the majority of the staff in the service area good natured and generally are fun to hang out with while the car is getting worked on.
Old 05-04-2002, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2bad
[B] Keith, I'm surprised they gave you shit about the Check Engine light.
Old 05-04-2002, 02:59 PM
Ash

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SilverSurfer
[B]

Ash was your "sketchy interaction" with the Service advisor or with the mechanics?
Old 05-04-2002, 03:18 PM
pll

Ash - What was wrong with your car?
Old 05-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Ash

Originally posted by gilcwong
Ash - What was wrong with your car?
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=37471

All better now, other than a strange clunk at times out of the right rear. 7500 mile checkup at Hopkins confirmed, but nothing critical and needed a reschedule.
Old 05-04-2002, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ash
[B]

Possibly much to the surprise of many people here, it was with Chuck personally.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:19 AM

Hi All,

FWIW, I've spoken to some of the powers that be over at Hopkins.

All S2000's that go in for warranty or non-warranty work get a free loaner car, no questions asked. If they give you any crap about it, talk to George (Service Director) or Shannon (Parts Manager).

Anyone that goes in for service, ask only for Steve Spears. He used to be a master tech at Hopkins but he wanted to go into a "office job" so he knows his stuff.

They had some issues with certain service advisors, but they are no longer there anymore.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:45 PM

I bought my car at Hopkins. I have yet to have it serviced, but have gone in to ask questions and order parts. I have made friends with George Loughran, the head of both Parts and Service. There is no question in my mind that he is honest and competent. If someone has a problem with treatment by personnel at Hopkins , instead of driving off in a huff, ask to speak to George. I am sure that if you are polite and make a reasonable case for whatever action you want taken, the matter will be resolved in a fair manner. There are a lot of people who work at Hopkins, some more qualified than others. If you happen to deal with someone less knowledgeable or less polite than he should be, don't judge the organization by the one encounter, rather judge it by how the problem is solved if you give them a chance.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by What The!?,May 5 2002, 09:19 AM
Hi All,

FWIW, I've spoken to some of the powers that be over at Hopkins.

All S2000's that go in for warranty or non-warranty work get a free loaner car, no questions asked. If they give you any crap about it, talk to George (Service Director) or Shannon (Parts Manager).
A quick update.

I took MY02 S in for a minor maintenance and window repair (it started rattling soon after they replaced the relay on the drivers side window). I have enjoyed their customer service since I bought my S there. Unfortunately, I'll have to take it somewhere closer to work when I take it in next time for minor items since they readjusted their free loaner program.

Gary Costa was extremely helpful and then I spoke with George Loughran.

He said that they will only have free loaners for S's coming in for major maintenance. He didn't mention warranty work, but I'm certain non-warranty is out as well. They were very gracious and let me slide this time.

The reason was that they lost several cars from their loaner fleet due to insurance costs.

Quick Reply: Larry Hopkins Service Department, your opinion