California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Laguna Seca practice/ track day Feb 7

Old 02-03-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Laguna Seca practice/ track day Feb 7

Hi! You don't know me, but I'm from SoCal and have been involved with s2ki awhile. I'm posting this in the hope of helping a friend as well as some fellow S2ki people as well.

OK, so a good friend of mine, Alan Lau, who works with Allen Berg Racing School has organized a track day for this Saturday Feb 7 at Laguna Seca. His group will share the track in alternating 30 minute sessions with the Allen Berg school. Unfortunately my friend has had a few cancelations and is looking to fill spots. I'm just trying to help him with that.

It's the perfect day for someone with track experience who is looking for additional track time at Laguna in an uncrowded environment.

I don't have a lot of details beyond knowing it will be no more than 25 cars on track, estimated cost is $300 per driver, and it's all day (except for lunch break). As I understand it there will be corner workers and safety. Laguna does have a 90db sound restriction that will be enforced.

If you are interested, please contact me via PM and I'll put you in touch with Alan. I've known Alan for a few years, he's a good guy, and I trust this is a righteous deal. I've been out to Streets of Willow with him and helped him organize a track day there previously. At the end of the day, the Allen Berg guys said ours was one of the best non-pro groups they ever shared a track with. Some of the same people who were at Willow will be at Laguna. I say this not to brag, but to put you at ease about this being a serious proposition and not some janky/shady deal that you would be scared about running your car in.

Again, I have nothing in this other than a desire to help my friend, and if some fellow S2000 owners can benefit, it makes me happy.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. I'm going to be there already, but in our Hankook USA/BerkTechnology/APR Performance Scion FR-S.

See folks there!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:42 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts