California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Laguna Seca - CityTech Track Day 2013/02/03

Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by goteki' timestamp='1360120270' post='22317408
Well, for what it's worth, taking the wide line over the corkscrew probably saved you from braking horror at T10. I unknowningly used up what remaining brake temp headroom I had at corkscrew and wound up going wide at 10
You have done Laguna a few times right, always on stock brake pads?

Yeah, stock pads with Super Blue fluid... still haven't decided which pads I'm going to use next time. I was recommended Carbotech XP8/XP10 by my instructor at Thunderhill, wondering if they'd be sufficient for Laguna now that I'm comfortable there.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:10 PM

omg... next time you go, let me know, i will take the time off and go.. i have always wanted to go to the track, just never knew anyone that went. i'd be down to go and learn from you as well.

also, how are those brakes? right now i am running stock, was wondering how much better they are? looked like great fun
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by goteki
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1360195903' post='22319692
[quote name='goteki' timestamp='1360120270' post='22317408']
Well, for what it's worth, taking the wide line over the corkscrew probably saved you from braking horror at T10. I unknowningly used up what remaining brake temp headroom I had at corkscrew and wound up going wide at 10
You have done Laguna a few times right, always on stock brake pads?

Yeah, stock pads with Super Blue fluid... still haven't decided which pads I'm going to use next time. I was recommended Carbotech XP8/XP10 by my instructor at Thunderhill, wondering if they'd be sufficient for Laguna now that I'm comfortable there.
[/quote]

Yeah that is what most people use. I am planning on sticking with the HC+800 because they are perfect for me on the mountain, and work well enough at the track, I may try some Project µ club racers at Laguna next time or maybe buy a set of Carbotech RP2's specific for Laguna actually that can last for quite a few events. My lap time could drop significantly with track pads, but I prefer to hit my target times on street pads to stick to my goals.

And the HC+800 price is amazing for my use though, maybe when I hit my target times I will reward myself with some track pads and see if I can improve my times just a bit more before I start with the more serious modifications.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by efsf15
omg... next time you go, let me know, i will take the time off and go.. i have always wanted to go to the track, just never knew anyone that went. i'd be down to go and learn from you as well.

also, how are those brakes? right now i am running stock, was wondering how much better they are? looked like great fun
Absolutely! Happy to give ride alongs or lead follow anytime. You should ride along with me out on the touge some time too.

I wouldn't really recommend upgrading pads unless the OEM ones become an issue. Upgrading to DOT4 brake fluid is definitely a good idea though. OEM pads on the touge only were an issue for me on higher speed stuff, braking down from 100mph or so repeatedly
, and I love the high speed stuff.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Yeah that is what most people use. I am planning on sticking with the HC+800 because they are perfect for me on the mountain, and work well enough at the track, I may try some Project µ club racers at Laguna next time or maybe buy a set of Carbotech RP2's specific for Laguna actually that can last for quite a few events. My lap time could drop significantly with track pads, but I prefer to hit my target times on street pads to stick to my goals.

And the HC+800 price is amazing for my use though, maybe when I hit my target times I will reward myself with some track pads and see if I can improve my times just a bit more before I start with the more serious modifications.
Yeah, same. I was running pretty low on pad material when I went to Laguna and had that off, so I'll probably be in much better shape now that I have fresh pads and resurfaced rotors.

Any ideas for your next date? NCRC always has the best prices... Feb 18 and May 19 are their next two dates. Would be cool to follow someone else running pretty close to stock.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by efsf15' timestamp='1360206656' post='22320014

Absolutely! Happy to give ride alongs or lead follow anytime. You should ride along with me out on the touge some time too.

I wouldn't really recommend upgrading pads unless the OEM ones become an issue. Upgrading to DOT4 brake fluid is definitely a good idea though. OEM pads on the touge only were an issue for me on higher speed stuff, braking down from 100mph or so repeatedly
, and I love the high speed stuff.
i am totally down. ywah been looking for some brakes to get. will need some soon. hopefully i can see what i need to work on since i recently got the s2k, i came from a type s. so i know it will be a challenge.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 AM

Hey Andrewhake. Those pictures look awesome. Could you email me the full version of image 5? I have a cool idea to edit it and send it back to you. I won't use it as my own in any way.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there also. I was the noob in the stock S2k in the beginners group. Fun times.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty good laptime given the conditions & setup of the car. Nice post!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ALEXEY HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING....

TEASER....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khYyR8aWqLc

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca - CityTech Track Day 2013/02/03